Worst Muppet Film

Stulz

Reaction score
KETNETMUPPETNOW said:
I just saw the original version (not the dutch) of Muppets In Space and i changed my mind, so Kermit Swamp Years is now my worst muppet film now.

Greetings Ket

What's the difference between the US and Dutch versions of Muppets from Space?

:confused:

Jonathan

Reaction score
WiGgY said:
He must be really busy if he isn't even doing anything with the muppets anymore. Honestly I feel like he's totally turned his back on the muppets. He didn't even show up at Muppetfest. I mean, come on. At least show up there. It was a weekend. I'm sure he could put aside a weekend!

Sorry, but he sits down to talk about Yoda in a Star Wars special for VH1 and for the new Trilogy DVD but he can't show up and do anything with the muppets anymore?
I second that! I have a better chance of finding 100million Dollars on the ground then Frank Oz has to come back to the muppet's!!! I think Jim is turning in his grave afer Franks departure! :mad: :embarrassed: :frown:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well... as much as I like Frank, you could tell, even before Jim's death, he was losing the passion of playing cerrtain Muppets. I think Jim's Passing clenched it. Look at late 80's SS skits. You see less of Grover, Bert, and Cookie... and there was an astouning lack of them (hense th "Elmo taking over SS mentality of SS fans) there were few from time to time... they didn't really make a come back until Frank decided to let others continue or fill in his roles. With the exception of Cookie Monster and Sam the Eagle, Eric and other performers breath new life into the characters... Look at Miss Piggy. If you watch MFS and MTi, you can tell Frank's just dubbing, and someone's performing. The chemestry between Piggy and Kermit was way off, plus you get the lack of spontinaiety from Frank's characters that made them so great. Miss Piggy's, HYYYYYYAAAAA, Cookie's "Cowabunga," and Grover's fainting were all improvised. Plus, Eric just sounds better as Piggy, nowadays... Frank was getting worn.... This is pretty much the only thing I really give VMX over the last movies.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Frank OZ

I think that Drtooth is correct; Frank OZ will not be going back to performing. My personal opinion is he got tired of his characters behaving badly, I mean do you honestly think Frank Would Allow Fozzy Bear to pick his nose like he does not know any better, or Sam who stands for Truth and Dignity checking out girls on the beach. The magic just is not there, nor is the chemistry between the characters. But I am glad that there are people who can do the voices, and it is very smart to have one performer per Muppet character, a lot less stress on the performer. Frank like Jim will always be remembered as one of the masters or the trade, and a truly great performer, but I think he is enjoying the directing and producing aspect of things.

As for Very Merry Muppet Christmas, this was a totally failure. The writing is just awful and I felt hallow inside. Not at all In the Holiday mood, but what startled me the most was the heavy drug reference. F you do not know what I am talking about I will be more than happy to explain. :frown:

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
I think that Drtooth is correct; Frank OZ will not be going back to performing. My personal opinion is he got tired of his characters behaving badly, I mean do you honestly think Frank Would Allow Fozzy Bear to pick his nose like he does not know any better, or Sam who stands for Truth and Dignity checking out girls on the beach. The magic just is not there, nor is the chemistry between the characters. But I am glad that there are people who can do the voices, and it is very smart to have one performer per Muppet character, a lot less stress on the performer. Frank like Jim will always be remembered as one of the masters or the trade, and a truly great performer, but I think he is enjoying the directing and producing aspect of things.

As for Very Merry Muppet Christmas, this was a totally failure. The writing is just awful and I felt hallow inside. Not at all In the Holiday mood, but what startled me the most was the heavy drug reference. F you do not know what I am talking about I will be more than happy to explain. :frown:
I can assure you that the reason Frank left does not have to do with his Muppets behaving badly. If you have read any interview that Frank has done, he likes to drop the "f-bomb" quite a lot. I did not see it, but supposedly he even said it on the Today Show. Frank just wanted to stop doing puppetry and move on to other things.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Frank OZ

I did not know that, I was only making a guess. But because Frank uses the F word does not mean that he wants his characters to use it as well. But any way like I said I am only guessing. I can kind of understand Frank wanting to move on and do other things. Besides the company is and has been changing, and like all things with change, it gives us oppertunity to do other things, and to try something new.

Persoanly I would rather see all my Muppet Pails back in action, and I will have to get used to the new voices. The chemistry will come in time ( I think) Once things with the Disney merger settle down, and the Muppets are back into performing full tilt again that old magic will come back.

But that is again just my point of view.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
This is the same complaint I hear every time the movie is brought up. personally, I feel the idea itself was pretty good, and Muppets being in a movie where they are themselves, and not letting out the origins of certain characters (Gonzo?!) was a good direction. The writing was okay, and Eric had better time with Piggy and Fozzie than Frank's been having in the last 2 movies prior. Personally, I think the real success of the movie was seeing most of the characters, not just a favorite few, all of which had pretty decent parts similar to older movies and the TV show, and not playing second (or third) to B-list celebs like Michael Caine and Tim Curry (though I quite enjoyed him as Long John Silver). Plus, I feel if you can take a lousy scrpit and act the heck out of it, you get a better result than a good script with crummy or wooden delivery. IMO, the Muppets were in top form, so the movie wasn't quite as bad for me s it was for anybody else.

Out of the ones I've seen so far (Didn't see KSY yet... too afraid too... ditto Elmo in Grouchland) MCC is the one I like the least.... Mainly because the Muppets are like guest stars in their own movie. I just really didn't like that at all. Especially Fozzie's 2 minutes total in the movie, counting the aged version of him in the background during the second tolst number.

christyb

Reaction score
I'd have to go with "A Very Merry Muppet Christmas" nice thought, I enjoyed it. Not quite up with par as far as muppet movies go. :stick_out_tongue:

toughrabbit

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Personally, I think the real success of the movie was seeing most of the characters, not just a favorite few, all of which had pretty decent parts similar to older movies and the TV show, and not playing second (or third) to B-list celebs like Michael Caine and Tim Curry (though I quite enjoyed him as Long John Silver).
This may be getting off topic, but... Michael Caine a B-list celeb????? Surely not! Have you ever seen "The Quiet American"? Good Lord that man can act! I'll definitely admit he's made some bad career choices ("Jaws 4" anyone?), but he is still a very, very talented actor. On a side note, I once heard a really funny quote by Caine that went something like this: "I've never seen Jaws 4, but I've seen the house it paid for and it's quite beautiful."