Worst Muppet Film

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Principal Cast

TuttertheMouse said:
I think Pepe is a main character now. After 25 years (at least I think its that much) Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie and Gonzo were the original principal muppets. But I think time has changed that. We now see Animal outside of the Electric Mayhem (which isnt a bad thing) and Pepe has joined our foursome; making them into a 6.

What is happening is that the Muppet performers can not keep doing what they are doing. Think about it the Muppets have been around for 25 or more years, Jim passed when he was 50 or so, and it has been like 10 years or so since then, so guys like Jerry Nealson are just getting to Old to keep doing what they are doing.

So The muppets did a really great job of introducing some new characters that we like/ love while they worked on getting some new voice talent/ performers for the Core group of Muppets (Kermit, Piggy, Fozzy, Rizzo, Animal, Pepe, Gonzo). Once they get the rest of the E.M. Band re-cast things will be good as ever. Bean, Scooter, Robin, Rawlf, Janice and a few of the others are going to start appearing more with unfortunately new/ slightly different voices. For new Muppet fans the voices will not be a problem, for those of us who are old school Fans will have to get used to the new voices. :smirk:

toughrabbit

Reaction score
My vote goes to...

I haven't seen Kermit's Swamp Years, so my vote is for Muppets From Space. The most disappointing thing for me was the lack of original music. I expect original Muppet music in a Muppet movie. If I want to hear "Get Up Offa That Thing," I'll put in my James Brown CD. Anyone else agree?

MockMockChef

Reaction score
I agree!!!!

My vote go to Muppets In Space to because the same resen of toughrabbit, but i got whon extra thing, the voices of Statler and Waldorf, thats really disturbing me!!Waldorf is i little bit liking like the old whon, but, Statler's voice, that really dont sounds like the original!!!But for the rest it was a bit good looking movie.

Greetings Muppet Now

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
I was just wonderig if he finally got sick of the down turn the Muppets have taken with their content and decided he wanted out.

Frank OZ has always had his side projects, and other things that he was involved with out side of the Muppets. Not to mention he is getting older and performing may be to hard for him any more. I mean Jim was 50 when he passed away to the next bing adventure. I would guess that Frank has got to be about 65 or may be even 70, so performing may be out for him.

Who knows? :stick_out_tongue:
Frank turned 60 this year. Remember, Frank was hired by Jim right out of high school, so he was younger than Jim and Jerry Juhl.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
I bought Kermit's Swamp Years for a low low price from Toys R Us. I would not have bought it at regular price. I like the Muppet allusions (the dog named Rowlf, the Animal keychain and Kermit's comment that he never wants to meet another pig). However, you know a movie's bad when the only good thing about it is the outtakes.

I watch Muppets From Space from time to time. I wouldn't call it a bad movie. It gives Pepe a chance to gain an audience and I think he's used well. I love the idea of all the Muppets living under one roof...that's really cool. I hope they keep that idea in future projects.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Swamp Years

I have not seen Kermit's swamp years, but from what I have heard I am not missing much. I did not like Muppets from Space at all really, it was to much of a spoof, and seemed to be trying to hard to be funny. I alos do not like to see my old Muppet friends behaveing badly, and well lets face it there was some toilet humore in this film. :smirk:

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
Bean, Scooter, Robin, Rawlf, Janice and a few of the others are going to start appearing more with unfortunately new/ slightly different voices. For new Muppet fans the voices will not be a problem, for those of us who are old school Fans will have to get used to the new voices. :smirk:
Yes but I'd much rather have Janice with a different voice than Janice with no voice at all! :flirt:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
i can truly say that there is not a bad Muppet Movie i even think Adventers in Grochland is a good warm kids movie that was kind of made for the whole family.

Theres a good title for a movie "Muppets Behaving Baddly"

LOL but it could be mostly of outtakes and such from there movies and shows. lol

MockMockChef

Reaction score
KETNETMUPPETNOW said:
My vote go to Muppets In Space to because the same resen of toughrabbit, but i got whon extra thing, the voices of Statler and Waldorf, thats really disturbing me!!Waldorf is i little bit liking like the old whon, but, Statler's voice, that really dont sounds like the original!!!But for the rest it was a bit good looking movie.

Greetings Muppet Now
I just saw the original version (not the dutch) of Muppets In Space and i changed my mind, so Kermit Swamp Years is now my worst muppet film now.

Greetings Ket