What's your favorite letter segment?

Splurge

Reaction score
I kinda have a soft spot for the letter A cartoon in which things are piled on the side of a large "A", one of them being an "Ashcan" (???) until they become an "Avalanche". The poor narrator gets taken away in an "Ambulance".

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
Fave letter segments

My favorite letter segments are...

- The letters "H","O", and "R" being lifted from the side of a building

- "Rebel L" by Billy Idle

- "The Letter 'N'" by Nick Normal and the Nickmatics (excellent intro)

- the old "Q" cartoon where the Q yells out "QUIET!"

- "When I'm Calling 'U'" by some husband-and-wife like duo (I used to love it when the "U" turned around and said "Unbelievable!")

and that's about all I can remember for now.

SillyJoeBob

billyk

Reaction score
My favorites:

-"Let's Sing A Song About J"
-"The P song" (where 3 guys sing about their favorite P animals, food, and friends
- "La La La La...Lemon" - Ernie & Bert
- "M is for Martha"
- "Wanda the Witch"
- "Nancy the Nannygoat"
-"A-Ape" where the ape sings Tip Toe Through The Tuelips
-"H is for Hello" (You should use the word hello politely. Phone rings. Guy picks up and says "HELLO!")
-"B is for boy, and ball and bat" - this one was in ET and feautres what sounds like Casey Kasem narrating it.
- "J is for Jacket. Jenny And Jeff get away from that Jacket"

there are others I'm sure but I can't think of any at the moment.

Splurge

Reaction score
billyk said:
My favorites:

-"H is for Hello" (You should use the word hello politely. Phone rings. Guy picks up and says "HELLO!")
Heh heh, unless I miss my guess that was Gary Owens. You know, voice of Roger Ramjet and Laugh-In announcer.

As much as I like that cartoon, I like the Spanish version of it with "H" for "Hola". I've often liked the Spanish version of other letter cartoons, anyway.

BlueAM

Reaction score
SillyJoeBob, I have a few questions:

What does Billy Idle look like? He obviously wears punk clothes and has blond hair, but I want to know what specific AM he is, what color and shape his nose is, and what his eyes are like.

Also, what does Nora Nicks (who introduces Nick Normal's band) look like? All I know is that she has big glasses and two different earrings.

In addition, what do Nick Normal and the Nickmatics look like? All I know is that Nick Normal is green and has red hair and wears punk clothes and that the Nickmatics have punk clothes as well, but I'd like to know what color Nick Normal's nose is, and also be sure to tell me what specific AMs the Nickmatics are, what color their noses are, and what their eyes are like!

Finally, what do Jeanette and Nelson (from "When I'm Calling U") look like? Tell me what specific AMs they are, what their eyes are like, what colors and shapes their noses are, what colors their hair are, and what clothes they wear.

Thanks and have a good day!

BlueAM

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
Re: Letter Segments

Blue AM,

I haven't seen ANY of these since I was between 3 and 5 (I'm 15 now) so I'll try to do the best I can with answering these. Billy Idle has purple skin and a triangular pinkish nose (I can't remember much about his eyes.)

Nora Nicks has orange skin and red hair (don't know much else about her). As for Nick Normal and the Nickmatics, I don't remember at all what they look like. I somewhat remember the tune of their song, though. As I can vaguely recall, the song's melody and guitar playing seemed to predate a lot of the stuff that KROQ in L.A. plays (Beck, the White Stripes, etc.) It's a very fuzzy memory, though.

I don't remember much about Jeanette and Nelson either, but one of them (I forget who) has green skin. That's all!

SillyJoeBob

BlueAM

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
billyk said:
My favorites:

-"Let's Sing A Song About J"
-"The P song" (where 3 guys sing about their favorite P animals, food, and friends
- "La La La La...Lemon" - Ernie & Bert
- "M is for Martha"
- "Wanda the Witch"
- "Nancy the Nannygoat"
-"A-Ape" where the ape sings Tip Toe Through The Tuelips
-"B is for boy, and ball and bat" - this one was in ET and feautres what sounds like Casey Kasem narrating it.
- "J is for Jacket. Jenny And Jeff get away from that Jacket"

there are others I'm sure but I can't think of any at the moment.
I don't think I've seen any of these (except for possibly "La La La La...Lemon")

SillyJoeBob

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here are my favorites:

The Alphaboy Segments
C is for Cookie
The D Building
We all live in a Capital I
La La La La...Lemon (definatly!)
N-TV
The Talking O and the Horse.
Gotta special on the menu with the Letter P!
Maria, Luis, and David building a giant Q
Happy Birthday to U
V in Space
W Lovers Song
All the X segments, cuz X is m'favorite letter.
A Yak from China
Z in Space

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, gotta clear up a few things.

1 SillyJoeBob, I doubt you'll see the song "Let's Sing a Song About J!" ever again since that was never the song's name. The song in question's real name, unless I miss my guess and it's possible, was "The J-Friends."

2 BlueAM, when you gave me or submitted the names of Jeneatte and Nelson for my Muppet Listings were you referencing them to the two characters who appeared in the song "When I'm Calling U"? That's the one piece of the puzzle missing! Thought you meant Nelson Monster (as he will now be noted on the listings) from the Monster Field Trip episode from Season 31. Here's what I remember about them both from when I had better sight.
Jeneatte: female green-skinned AM with black hair, looked like possibly cornrolls in her hair like Princess Leia from Star Wars but I can't be sure, and she wore a flowing white gown.
Nelson: the generic Guy Smiley lookalike AM voiced by Jim Henson. Yellow-skinned cylindrical head, brown hair over his ears, brown eyebrows instead of eyes, brown mustache, and he was dressed as a Canadian Mountie in full uniform with dusty brown hat and red shirt. It's possible that his yellow hands were visible but I don't remember if this was true or if he wore gloves. He also wore dark colored pants and boots, but they were also part of his Canadian Mountie uniform.
Hope this helps and have a great night! That's two more that fall in place thanks to BlueAM's help!

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
Re: Letter Segments

By "N-TV", did you mean to say "The Letter N" by Nick Normal and the Nickmatics (which has an MTV parody intro)? That song is AWESOME! (although I haven't heard it in at least 10 years) "Z In Space" is also pretty cool. I like the "psychedelic" music that goes with it, as well as the ending where the "Z" lands on the moon.

SillyJoeBob