What's your favorite letter segment?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, NTV is the intro to the song performed by Nick Normal and the Nickmatics. This little intro segment is hosted by a character named Nora Nicks or Nix, it's listed in my Muppet Listings thread so go there and look for her in the N's.
As for the Z landing on the moon segment, there are two other animated segments just like it but with the letters M and V.
Hope this helps and have a good day.

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
Re: NTV and the letters in space segments

The Count said:
Yes, NTV is the intro to the song performed by Nick Normal and the Nickmatics. This little intro segment is hosted by a character named Nora Nicks or Nix, it's listed in my Muppet Listings thread so go there and look for her in the N's.
As for the Z landing on the moon segment, there are two other animated segments just like it but with the letters M and V.
"NTV's" hostess/VJ's last name is spelled like Stevie Nicks from Fleetwood Mac, not with an "x" at the end. I don't believe seen the "letters in space" segments for "M" and "V" (or if I have, it's been a VEEEEEEEERRRRRRY long time since), but I've DEFINITELY seen the one for "Z" in space.

SillyJoeBob

mikealan

Reaction score
I think that the extra "Z" sketch I enjoyed was the Limerick Z-Zebu sketch! I've seen it on one of the 2000 shows on Noggin and here's how it went:

The zebu was off to lunch and so he takes out a rotten boot and his pair of socks. He glues them together next, puts them on bread and made his own sandwich! Remember that?

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
Re: the letter limerick segments

mikealan said:
I think that the extra "Z" sketch I enjoyed was the Limerick Z-Zebu sketch! I've seen it on one of the 2000 shows on Noggin and here's how it went:

The zebu was off to lunch and so he takes out a rotten boot and his pair of socks. He glues them together next, puts them on bread and made his own sandwich! Remember that?
Sorry, Mikealan, but I don't remember that one. Are the "limericks" for "G" and "S" "Goose" and "Snail"? If so, then I've seen some of these so-called limerick segments.

SillyJoeBob

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, those are the limerick segments for those two respective letters. There's also:
L, Lion.
M, Moon.
B, Beard.
C, Cat (not rully a limerick but it's part of the series).
D, Dog.
F, Face (same deal as C, Cat).
J, Jaguar ( a jigsaw puzzle fills itself in piece by piece until you see the jaguar in the jungle scene).
K, Kangaroo.
P, Penguin.
Q, Quarter.
R, Rhinoceros.
T, Tortoise or is it Turtle?
V, Violin.
W, Witch.
Y, Yak.

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
Re: Limerick segments

I might have seen the ones for "F - Face" and "V - Violin", if in the faces skit they have a person's voice saying things like "Happy face (shows a cartoon person's head making a happy face), Silly face (shows the same person's head making a silly face)", etc., and if in the violin skit, the person breaks a violin string while playing the instrument.

SillyJoeBob

ssetta

Reaction score
This animation series was actually called "Consonant Sound." They were done in approximately 1976, and a lot of them were sweetened around 1995.

SillyJoeBob

Reaction score
"Sweetened"?

ssetta said:
This animation series was actually called "Consonant Sound." They were done in approximately 1976, and a lot of them were sweetened around 1995.
You said that the "Consonant Sound" series was "sweetened" around 1995. What do you mean by "sweetened"?

SillyJoeBob

ssetta

Reaction score
It means that they would add music and/or sound effects. They did that with a lot of old animations in the mid 90s. It was because people thought the show sounded a little dead. That is, they thought there were too many spots that had no music.

Elizabeth

Reaction score
There was an animated one with a lower case "i". The little dot rolls up on top of the "i" and a loud voice yells "I" and the little dot shivers like it's scared. This happens a few times until finally the dot stands still and the voice says nicely, "I". Anyone remember that one?

J Jump Joyful--I had that on a record when I was about 4. I remember listening to it in the basement where my dad had hung a swing for me. I remember him pushing me on the swing while I sang that song.

Elizabeth :halo: