What's your favorite letter segment?

SesameMike

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
In the other one there's another guy standing there and one at a time these vehicles and other movable objects go by that begin with s, like scooter, skis, and maybe sled or sleigh.
With respect to the fallen in London, the first S-vehicle was "subway". As he said that, a rapid-transit train whizzed by behind him, I think blowing his hat off. The train was the far left of the vehicles that approached him at the end.

I remember that weird buzzy noise the scooter and some of the other conveyances made.

SesameKermie

Reaction score
my fave Letter sketches

1. Daddy Dear (animated letter d about dandelions with feet and a dish of tadpoles?)
  2. Kermit and the Little Girl sing the alphabet (Cookie Monster isn't a letter!)
  3. Nancy the Nannygoat
  4. Molding the I beam
  5. C is for cookie
  6. Lowercase N
  7. Rebel 'L'
  8. Wouldja like to buy an 'o'? (Lefty and Ernie)
  9. B is for bubble
  10. Letter B
  11. How I miss my X
  12. Kermit and Ladysmith Black Mombasa (?) sing the Alphabet-- (Amazing Beautiful Creatures Dancing . . .)

There are also two that I'm not sure I remember correctly. You'd see a big block of stone and hear the "2001" theme and then the rock would crumble into the shape of the letter-- I think there was an "N" one and perhaps others. The other one was about two letters in love and had the psychedellic animations.

Any help?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Here's a brief letter a sketch. A guy (animated) is standing next to an alligator. The alligator is munching away ( I think he is eating the letters of the word alligator) while the guy gives a few facts about alligators. Then the alligator swallows the guy whole. Inside the gator the guy says in a muffled voice, "They've also been known to be extremely dangerous."

Ziffel

Reaction score
And then this animated g one maybe some can fill in some details of. It was yet another clever and fun SS segment for teaching about words that a certain letter begins with. What I remember is a boy walking along and encountering various things that begin with the letter g. I think a goose was one of them. And someone playing a guitar was another. Definitely the last two he comes to are a gorilla and grandfather (I presume his grandfather?). When he comes to the grandfather he says, "Oh goody!". Then when he is standing in front of the grandfather I'm not sure what exactly happens. Maybe a wind blows the boy back to where he started (his home?) or the grandfather caused the blowing? Anyway, when the boy is back he recaps all the things he saw by saying, "G is for guitar, goose... gorilla, grandfather. And grateful". Also, I'm not sure if glue was one of the words. I recall an animated segment where a boy comes up to a bottle of glue and then accidentally spills it all over himself, but that could be a different one because I don't think the boy was covered in glue the whole segment. Oh wait, maybe he was! I'm thinking maybe instead of wind blowing the boy back that it was water from a hose that the grandfather sprayed on the boy to clean the glue off of him? And perhaps that was why the boy was "grateful". Yeah..... I really think that's it. I can picture the grandfather squirting him with the hose. If that's the case it was kind of funny that the grandfather didn't even say , "Hello grandson. My, what a mess you have. Let me use this hose to clean you up." Just blasts him right away upon seeing him!
Okay, g is for going, going, gone! :big_grin: (and grin!)

Xerus

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
And then this animated g one maybe some can fill in some details of. It was yet another clever and fun SS segment for teaching about words that a certain letter begins with. What I remember is a boy walking along and encountering various things that begin with the letter g. I think a goose was one of them. And someone playing a guitar was another. Definitely the last two he comes to are a gorilla and grandfather (I presume his grandfather?). When he comes to the grandfather he says, "Oh goody!". Then when he is standing in front of the grandfather I'm not sure what exactly happens. Maybe a wind blows the boy back to where he started (his home?) or the grandfather caused the blowing? Anyway, when the boy is back he recaps all the things he saw by saying, "G is for guitar, goose... gorilla, grandfather. And grateful". Also, I'm not sure if glue was one of the words. I recall an animated segment where a boy comes up to a bottle of glue and then accidentally spills it all over himself, but that could be a different one because I don't think the boy was covered in glue the whole segment. Oh wait, maybe he was! I'm thinking maybe instead of wind blowing the boy back that it was water from a hose that the grandfather sprayed on the boy to clean the glue off of him? And perhaps that was why the boy was "grateful". Yeah..... I really think that's it. I can picture the grandfather squirting him with the hose. If that's the case it was kind of funny that the grandfather didn't even say , "Hello grandson. My, what a mess you have. Let me use this hose to clean you up." Just blasts him right away upon seeing him!
Okay, g is for going, going, gone! :big_grin: (and grin!)
I remember that G cartoon too. Here's what the glue coated boy gathered. A woman's glove, a gate, a guy's guitar, a goose, a gorilla, and the grandfather squirted him clean making him grateful.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Ah thanks Xerus. I had forgotten the glove and gate. And glad you confirmed that it was this one where the glue spilled all over the boy and the grandfather squirted him clean. That's funny how that part came back to me while I was in the middle of posting about it. :smile:

Ziffel

Reaction score
A couple of those short animated letter segments with that little box bubble:

A y one had a guy (rather old looking) say, "Y. yoyo." And a little boy in that box is playing with a yoyo. Then the mean old guy takes scissors and cuts the string of the boy's yoyo. He laughs with a sinister "heh heh heh". Then the boy ties his string to the guy and starts swinging the guy up and down like a yoyo. The man shouts, "Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa YYYYYYYYY!"

And a t one had a guy talking about the letter t and then a tv is in that box and he says, "Do you know what this is? That's right. It's a tv." He turns it on and I think a man conducting an orchestra was on. The music was playing and the guy says, "Hey that's good!" then he starts singing, "La sa video. Len me mo me eeeee. Laaaaaa..." Then the conductor on tv reaches his hand out and turns the guy off (as if a tv switch was on his mouth) and then resumes his conducting. By the way, my quote of what the guy was singing is just my best recollection of what I thought it sounded like!

Pretty amusing SS shorts. Just thought of an m one where a guy is next to a mailbox and says, "M. Mail." I think a mailman comes by and takes the mail and then puts him in the mailbox (whether on purpose or not I can't remember). I just remember the guy inside the mailbox groaning, "mmmmmm!"

Xerus

Reaction score
Pretty amusing SS shorts. Just thought of an m one where a guy is next to a mailbox and says, "M. Mail." I think a mailman comes by and takes the mail and then puts him in the mailbox (whether on purpose or not I can't remember). I just remember the guy inside the mailbox groaning, "mmmmmm!"[/QUOTE]

Actually, in that cartoon. The guy says, "M, mail!" And a mailbox appears. A pair of hands pop out of a box and stick a huge stamp over the guy's eyes. The guy lifts up the stamp, looks at us, and says, "M" Then the mailbox grabs the guy and pulls him into it. And the guy groans.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Poor guy. Hopefully he was addressed to be sent to Hawaii! That would be a nice silver lining. :smile: