What's your favorite letter segment?

dustinrn

Reaction score
red-hot I

The "I-beam" skit was my favorite letter skit, even though it scared me and i could barely open my eyes to watch it.

SesameMike

Reaction score
Another V routine

Another V routine involved a villain who stole a vase.

He decided to fill it with vinegar, then threw in some varnish.

Then put in some violets to garnish. [somehow, I don't think the flowers would do well with that concoction.]

"And now I will slip it, here under my vest."

Lo and behold, inside his vest was a live police officer, who added:

"Oh no you don't villain, you're under arrest!"

Camera focuses on both characters' faces. Villain makes a frown as the policeman smiles. The cop says the final "V".

mikealan

Reaction score
H segment

did they create the animation about the letter H where the man said the word "HAND", then a hand appeared in a word-bubble and grabbed him??? I think it was made in the same animation company that created p-puddle and k-kick. :confused:

SesameMike

Reaction score
D is for dog

Remember this one? D, dog.

We see a dog sitting upright in an easy chair and he makes multiple whistles. A (human) man crawls up with a whimper/hum sound with a newspaper in his mouth. The dog takes the paper and pats the man on the head. The fella replies by panting, and adds a semi-sarcastic "bow-wow".

Ziffel

Reaction score
I remember that one well. Can recall exactly how the sounds of the whistling and bow-wow went. It reminds me of another animated one that wasn't a letter segment. I'm sure you recall it. A man said he has the world's smartest dog (Rover) and that he taught him to read. He held up a sign that said "sit". Then Rover switched places with the man and sat down in his chair and the man says, "S-i-t spells sit. Maybe I'll teach him NOT to read." And the dog barks. This one seemed to be frequently used on SS.

Ziffel

Reaction score
There were a lot of letter segments that had a character rattle off a ton of words that began with the particular letter the segment was focusing on. Like that h one that has been mentioned before where the one guy keeps annoying the other guy by popping up all around him and saying h words. Finally at the end the guy draws a hole and the pest falls through it. The guy says, "Hole" and laughs. Then the other guy shouts, "Help!" as he's falling. Pretty clever how they wrapped up these sketches by still using words that began with the same letter.
Other examples are a t segment where a guy lists a bunch of t words rapidly like turn, tank, table, and top. Then he throws the list he was reading from on the ground and says, "Toss." Then a policeman comes up to him and says, "You forgot two." He says, "Which?" The cop points to the ground and says, "Trash." He says, "Oh." The cop then says "And ticket" and hands it to him. The guy says, "Thank you" (in an unhappy tone, of course).
Also an f one where a guy was stating a lot of f words (not THE f word, of course. Sorry, couldn't resist after I typed that last bit!) like finger, fizz, fuzz, and flag. Finally the other guy said he had a good one. The other guy says, "Well what is it? Tell me." He says, "Finished" and laughs. I think he pulled down something over the screen to block him out. Then the other guy lifts it partly up and says sarcastically, "Funny!"
Probably lots of other examples like this. I'll just mention an n one where a reporter says, "Hi ho everybody". He says he is doing a man on the street interview (or was it a "letter on the street interview"?) and he finds a letter n. He says, "Where are you from?" The n replies, "North." "Ever been on tv before?" The n says, "Never." "Like it?" n says, "Nifty." "Would you like to say a few words?" Then the n launches into a rapid fire succession of n words like, "not nibble nose nickle number net". The reporter keeps trying to intervene with comments like, "Okay thank you.." but the n keeps firing away. Finally the frustrated reporter says to the viewers, "26 letters in the alphabet and I had to pick n!"
Okay, as that guy said at the end of the f sketch, I am now FINISHED. :smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
there was the 1 for the letter T witch was done tonly in spanish, no english version that i ever saw he's standing besides a red Capital T, the line keeps slipping where it's now a lovercase t, he keeps pushing the line back up and it keeps falling down and after a few times it become stuck and he can't get it back up.

BEAR

Reaction score
When I think of those sketches, they never come to mind all at once, but rather individually. So I can only think of a few at the moment.

-The "B Sandwich" song that Oscar sings to Farley.
-"La La La La" sung by Ernie and Bert about the letter L (I love this one. Its so funny)

Ziffel

Reaction score
I'm racking my brains (which is like using a pool triangle to rack marbles!) trying to think of how another funny and clever sketch went. I just recall the very end where this big (cartoon) guy is holding a letter o. He says, "Is this your o ?" A little guy nods. The big guy says, "Oh." and lets go of it. I think it lands on one of his feet and he starts hopping up and down saying, "Oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh!"
An o sketch I liked even better was nicely detailed in full by mikealan before:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=3296&highlight=bulldoze

mikebennidict

Reaction score
they gut comes along with an O and tells this small man an O story while he holds it. after the tall man is through the other one gets excited and throws it this big giant man comes by with it and the the rest as you remembered takes place.