What's your favorite letter segment?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Also along these lines there was a w one where a guy says, "W. Wash." And a lady is taking out her clothes from a basket and hanging them up on a clothes line. Then she picks up the guy and hangs him up on the line and he says ,"W." Again, not sure if she did this on purpose or if he was just standing close and she mistakened his shirt or pants for one of her articles of clothing. He didn't seem too upset, however. Unlike the guy in a p one where he says, "P. Pack." And then I think someone packing things in a suitcase packs the guy in the suitcase. As he is being carried away he says, "P" in a fairly troubled voice. (But again, the silver lining could be that the person with the suitcase was heading for Hawaii!)

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
Also along these lines there was a w one where a guy says, "W. Wash." And a lady is taking out her clothes from a basket and hanging them up on a clothes line. Then she picks up the guy and hangs him up on the line and he says ,"W." Again, not sure if she did this on purpose or if he was just standing close and she mistakened his shirt or pants for one of her articles of clothing. He didn't seem too upset, however. Unlike the guy in a p one where he says, "P. Pack." And then I think someone packing things in a suitcase packs the guy in the suitcase. As he is being carried away he says, "P" in a fairly troubled voice. (But again, the silver lining could be that the person with the suitcase was heading for Hawaii!)

Those were clearly from 1969.

Censored

Reaction score
My favorite letter segment was where The Count got bags of letters from the mailman so he could count them.

Ziffel

Reaction score
HaHa good one, GeeBee. Reminds me of when you said in the "What is the most dated thing in Sesame Street" Maria because she dated David, Luis...
This was probably my favorite skit with The Count. Loved the opening music with the sounds of a werewolf (in broad daylight, though??) to create the atmosphere of the Count in his castle. And then the vonderful line by the mailman after Count says, "Oh, I'm not going to read them, I'm going to count them." The mailman says, "Oh. Well have fun."

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Jack & The B Stalk.

where he plants a B and grows from the ground and vists the land of B. simaller to Jack and The Beanstalk. remember at the end when he slid down and asks what would happen if I planted a K? it would of been nice if the did a sequel to it and show him planting the K. probably the same thing would happen.

Ziffel

Reaction score
Except that all the things he'd encounter would start with the letter k and not b. heh heh :stick_out_tongue:

I remember as a child wishing they would have done a k one too. Also, pretty strange that Jack could hear his mother calling him from way up there!

SesameMike

Reaction score
I also wondered what would happen if Jack had planted the K. But, being more of the pedantic type, I wondered where the potential "Land of K" would be situated relative to the "Land of B", especially if he had planted the two letters side-by-side. The resultant "K-stalk" could have been taller, but then it would have to cut through the Land of B to get to the Land of K. Couldn't that lead to inter-consonantal conflicts between the two colonies? Surely the intruding stalks would scuttle any means of passport control.

Or maybe there were 26 different lands located in as many parallel dimensions, in which case each letter-stalk possesses the means to wormhole through.

Then there was the time a girl named Violet planted a V and got a V-stalk. All she found at the top was a train station of unexplained origin. The stalk itself (which was a genuine vine, rather than just a stack of letters as with the B counterpart) sprouted V-words that served as stairsteps for the climb.

Xerus

Reaction score
I too have always fantasized on what the land of K would be like. After Jack climbs the K-stalk. He's greeted by a lady K, named Kay. :smile: A bunch of K's playing kazoos and flying kites welcome him. Then she invites him to a sports arena where we see kangaroos playing kickball, koalas rowing kayaks, and kiwis performing karate. And K vendors going around selling kipper sandwiches with ketchup and kumquats. And before he leaves, Kay gives Jack a pet kitten to take home with him along with a kiss on the cheek. When Jack and the kitten are back home, he says. "Once again that was fun. Who would guess? Maybe next time I'll plant an S!"

Ziffel

Reaction score
Hey that's terrific Xerus and Sesame Mike! And then after s he might say, "Wow S was fun! So many things new. I wonder what would happen if I planted a Q!" (And like the land of S, Jack would again be greeted by a lady - a queen. :smile: ).

mikebennidict

Reaction score
do any of you remember this. it was on film. we see these cars on a NYC expressway and a man says c cars. nothing special about it other than I haven't seen it since the 70s.