What made you roll your eyes today thread?

galagr

Reaction score
Miss Piggy?! You'd think a hardcore fan would own this. I makes me wonder... how do non-fans treat rare merch like this? *shudder*
I once saw a video of Dave Goelz signing some pictures. He would grab a fans' picture, one at a tme, from the large, crowd. Well, right after he signed a picture of The Muppets poster, he was handed a pic of Ernie and Bert. He frankly said " I'm not either of these guys " but signed it anyway. I'm sorry, but it furiates me when serious non- muppet fans get to meet the Muppeters, while us REAL Muppet fans are scrambling everywhere trying to just find an address to send a nice fan letter. I also bet that when the guy with the pic of Ernie and Bert went straight home and put it up on ebay. :mad:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
My mom is watching Extreme Couponing. They had a preacher on the show who proclaimed that the Lord led her to coupons, and then she took one of her parishioners shopping with her, actually saying "I'm afraid that if she doesn't believe in coupons than she might not believe in Jesus".

I had no idea that coupons carried such a significance.

Hubert

Reaction score
My mom is watching Extreme Couponing. They had a preacher on the show who proclaimed that the Lord led her to coupons, and then she took one of her parishioners shopping with her, actually saying "I'm afraid that if she doesn't believe in coupons than she might not believe in Jesus".

I had no idea that coupons carried such a significance.
The next big cult religion: Coupon Christianity.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Sheesh, that's offensive on so many levels. :concern:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'd like to know how buying in bulk things that you will never use that will be sitting in storage for eternity is saving you money and not wasteful :smirk:
One episode had people donate all the food they bought to a local food bank, which was very nice of them. But most people just kept their stuff in the basement. I think it's a form of hoarding.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I would just like to say, once again, that if anyone deserves to be rich and famous for couponing, it's my mom. Seriously, my mom was couponing LOOOONG before couponing was all the rage... she was coupoining before couponing was a J-O-B job. She's been couponing since I was just a little kid, and I've been around for 20+ years... now it's only been within the last few years or so that the bad economy and sky-rocketing prices has driven other people to do it as well, the only problem is, they got famous for doing so, and I'm sure in some of these cases, also got just a little wealthier from having these shows or these couponing sites and such.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Once again, I am baffled by the logic of my school.

They are doing some...I have no idea...I guess maintenance, and have one of the roads blocked off. And yet, they put of a sign pointing to the dirction of the blocked road saying "Campus Tours"

Well, how are you supposed to get to the building if the road is blocked? :smirk: