What CD's are you looking forward to getting?

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
By the way, I think your Kermit jedi icon is very cool. :smile:
Erin
Thanks! :smile: As is your :stick_out_tongue: one, of course. I was trying to find a way to rationalize having a Star Wars name on a Muppet forum, so that was what I came up with.

As for Clay, I still haven't heard the rest of the CD--my wife and I want to listen to it together, and we haven't been back in the car (where the CD is) since we left off. It will probably take a couple of times before I know what my favorites are, but I agree that "No More :cry: Songs" is a great track. I liked it a lot.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I just heard that his album hit platinum already. Good Morning America invited him over to celebrate, and I guess they've got something for him. I'm intrigued! Congratulations, Clay!!! :big_grin:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Well, it turns out he has sold 613,000 albums. It sold more copies in its first week than any other solo debut album in the past ten years. It sold more than Madonna and Beyonce Knowles' albums aombined in their first week. The surprise was that Clive Davis came by and presented Clay with a double-platinum plaque (2 million copies have been shipped to stores). Not bad, not bad at all! :wink:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Hi Ho, everybody

I was just wondering if anyone out there has picked up the "naked" version of the Beatles' "Let It Be"? I got it earlier this week, and I just got to listen to it today. I really liked it on the first go-round. Anybody else have thoughts?

:big_grin: :sing: :flirt: :halo: :cool:

tomahawk

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Hi Ho, everybody

I was just wondering if anyone out there has picked up the "naked" version of the Beatles' "Let It Be"? I got it earlier this week, and I just got to listen to it today. I really liked it on the first go-round. Anybody else have thoughts?

:big_grin: :sing: :flirt: :halo: :cool:
I will probably pick it up for my wife for x-mas. There are a few new ones out that I would like to get. The new Tori Amos, Pearl Jam and the Pearl Jam D.V.D.

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, I'd recommend it. It's always so interesting to me to hear familiar songs in a new way. I thought "The Long and Winding Road" was really nice--I've always like the original, but it had a different kind of intimacy without all of the post-production.

The whole CD reminds me of "special edition" movies, except that this is a revision that takes out all of the special effects to try to get back to an "original vision"...

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting that. Of course, I don't have the original "Let it Be" album either, so which one do I go for?? :confused: I think this sounds really cool, though, and truer to their original intentions.
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Well, I don't have the original either, but I know most of the songs on it pretty well from compilations and the like. I got mine pretty cheap at Sam Goody, and it comes with a bonus disc that has about 20 minutes of The Beatles talking and playing and messing around in the studio. Definitely worth picking up, I'd say.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Cool. Sounds good. Yeah, I've heard most of the songs on it the same way. I'd definitely like to check it out.
Erin