What CD's are you looking forward to getting?

monkeymuppet

Reaction score
Yesterday the new Rooney CD came out. If you like the sound of guitars and the keyboard or if just think that guys with long hair are sexy you should buy it . Some of the songs have a Californyish type sound and others.... grrrrr I cant describe music so just listen to the stuff on their website.
http://www.rooney-band.com

"Rooney is a five-piece rock band hailing from Los Angeles whose music is reminiscent of artists spanning from the sixties to the present day. Although they have a distinctive style, their sound has been compared to everything from The Beatles to The Cars to Blur. Having toured the nation with acts such as Weezer and The Strokes, Rooney manages to capture elements from the past four decades and make them sound modern today."

you guys might also want to check out Silas.The vocalist has an awesome voice and he can scream. The good thing about their music is that they do scream but not too much like other bands.
http://www.geocities.com/silasrock2002/index2.html

and www.newsoundrecords.com is the home of another local band , The Risk. They're sorta like rooney except they have some wilder songs.

I love music :sing:

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Originally posted by Don'tLiveonMoon
Tonight, his final performance on the series was "Bridge Over Troubled Water," which is probably my all-time favorite song. I am the hugest Simon and Garfunkel fan -- especially Garfunkel. Man, was I psyched. :big_grin: :big_grin:

I really think Clay deserves to win, but if Ruben wins that's ok too. He's a great guy and a great singer. They're both going to make it big. But Clay -- I am definitely getting his CD the day it comes out!!!!!!
Erin
I thought he did an excellent job on "Bridge" as well. It's also one of my favorite songs and the best part was that we sang the same arrangement as he did at our high school graduation:smile: I think both of them are very good and in that way, I'm not sure who I would want to win. But I would be more likely to buy a cd from Clay because I just like his voice better. :smile:

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Clay shoulda won, but oh well. Both are gonna get record deals, they're both so popular. It's all about marketing & money.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Clay's CD comes out on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!! :big_grin: :flirt: He's got a big interview with Diane Sawyer on Prime Time Live tonight. I've been hearing about this interview for a couple months now, sounds like it'll be the best yet. I love Diane Sawyer anyway, and she's a big fan of his. It sounds like there will be a lot of interesting insights and history that we haven't heard before. I'm getting the VCR ready!

I was disappointed to hear that Neil Sedaka's Solitaire won't be on Clay's CD. I was really looking forward to that, and I know a lot of other fans were too. I read an interview where he talked about the album, and I guess he finished the track but I don't know why he didn't end up using it. Unless he is going to go ahead and do a whole album with Sedaka as he proposed on the show... that'd be groovy! As long as he didn't sing Calendar Girl... :rolleyes: I'm pretty sure Clay didn't write any of the songs on this album. I wonder if he's started work on a second yet? I would love to hear some songs he's written himself.
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Great interview tonight. It was cut short, unfortunately; they had clips of him singing "Moon River" to Diane Sawyer and a couple other things, and they got left out of the final interview, probably because of the updates on Kobe Bryant and Roy Horne. (Sounds like Roy is going to be ok, but it's really sad what happened. They certainly made it sound as though the tiger was trying to help him because he slipped; he was treating him as he would a tiger cub who had fallen. I hope he makes it through ok.) It was a very interesting and revealing interview, and Clay was extremely articulate and heartfelt throughout. I never knew that he had a sister who committed suicide a couple years ago. It was really sad. There was also an article in Time magazine about him which talked about his struggles to maintain his identity in spite of the record industry. He managed to win the battle of keeping his album completely G-rated, which I think is very cool. The record execs seemed to kinda think the people buying Clay's CDs were dolts; that was a bit insulting. But Clay came off as extremely mature and more refreshing than ever. :big_grin: :flirt: Tuesday cannot come soon enough....
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Well, I didn't think there was anything going on in Erie as far as release parties went, but I happened to stop by Media Play today and say that they were opening at 11:55 tonight for this release and a couple others. So I set up my VCR to tape Clay on Leno and my mom and I headed to Media Play. Well. There were maybe ten people in the store, and I think they were all there for The Matrix Reloaded. Not a very happenin' party. But I got the album, and that's the important thing! :big_grin: I also grabbed the American Idol Christmas CD. Listening to Clay's CD now!! :big_grin: :big_grin:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
I also grabbed the American Idol Christmas CD. Listening to Clay's CD now!!
Hey, how are those new CDs? I'll probably buy Clay's CD--gotta admit I've got a soft spot for him. I've only heard the single off it, though, and I'm hoping there are more mid-tempo ballads instead of a ton of upbeat pop. How's the Christmas CD?

:confused:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
AndyWan Kenobi said:
Hey, how are those new CDs? I'll probably buy Clay's CD--gotta admit I've got a soft spot for him. I've only heard the single off it, though, and I'm hoping there are more mid-tempo ballads instead of a ton of upbeat pop. How's the Christmas CD?

:confused:
To be perfectly honest, although I've anticipated it for half a year, I wasn't crazy about Clay's album the first time I listened to it. :eek: I've listened to it a couple more times, though, and it's starting to grow on me. The trouble is that Invisible is pretty indicative of the style of the songs on the CD. I think they are overproduced, with way too many goofy effects, background vocals, and dance-beat percussion. It lacks the sincerity and purity of his demo albums - and I think those simply contained much better songs. I'm afraid I'm rather prejudiced against contemporary pop songwriters. I was very disappointed that the tracks I'd most been looking forward to - a number of covers, mainly Elton John's Can You Feel the Love Tonight and Neil Sedaka's Solitaire - were cut. I'm not sure why; it seems that they were probably trying to give the album as contemporary a feel as possible. I think it resulted in it sounding a lot like everything else that is out there now; it just didn't seem to say "Clay" to me that much, in spite of his successful efforts to keep the album G-rated. But as I said, it's growing on me, and I'm going to listen to the album until I love the songs, doggone it! Still, I do prefer his demo albums. I hope that for his second album he will have more creative control. I would love to see those tracks I mentioned, as well as some tracks written by him.

The Christmas album is another story altogether. I am a sucker for Christmas music in general; I've rarely met a Christmas album I don't like. I wasn't sure if I'd buy this right away or wait, but I did decide to grab it and I'm glad I did. It's terrific; the only track I don't like much is a really upbeat unfamiliar song Ruben sings called This Christmas. It includes Clay, Ruben, Kim Locke, Justin, Tamyra, and Christina Christian. Kelly Clarkson does two tracks on a bonus disc. I was a little bitter that she, rather than Clay, got to sing my favorite Christmas carol, O Holy Night, but she does a really lovely job. A capella, too. She also sings My Grown Up Christmas Wish. Clay starts out the main disc, and in my humble opinion, his performance on this track, The First Noel, blows away all those on his own album. He also does a nice duet with Kim Locke on Silver Bells and shows up in two ensemble songs. Oh Come All Ye Faithful is particularly nice and rich in harmony. Another highlight track is Tamyra Gray's rendition of Silent Night. All the accompaniments are very nice as well, and not at all overdone.

Surprisingly enough, then, at this point I recommend the Christmas album above Clay's. But buy Clay's anyway, let's push him to platinum!!! :stick_out_tongue: And hope that the record companies will realize that he doesn't need to morph into something hipper than what we saw on the show; we love him just the way he is! :flirt:
Erin

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Thanks for the great reviews! I haven't bought the Christmas album, but I may check it out based on your comments. I did buy Clay's album yet--I've only had a chance to listen to about half of it so far, but I'm enjoying it. I agree that a lot of the tracks seem overproduced, but I've kinda been ignoring that and just listening to Clay sing. I'm not fond of the very synthetic overproduced pop sound that some of the track are going for--it's the same problem I have with the new version of the Star Trek: Enterprise theme. I must be one of the few people who really liked it the way it was. Anyway, I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of Clay's album as soon as I get the chance. My wife and I were rooting for both him and Ruben from day one of the competition, so we've been excited to hear their CDs.

:smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I listened to the CD a couple more times since I posted, and it is continuing to grow on me. I think my least favorite tracks are Touch and I Survived You; interestingly, I've read many reviews listing those as the favorites. I guess they're the edgiest, and I'm just not a very edgy person! Probably my favorite tracks so far are I Will Carry You and The Way. I also really like No More Sad Songs.
Erin