Uncle Deadly WILL be in the New Muppet movie!

Yorick

Reaction score
Since everyone is CGI happy, they should bring back Waldo! :smile: However, I can imagine people complaining about them "selling out" by "recently creating" a CGI character, when we know he was born in the 80's! :smile:

Mupp

Reaction score
However, I can imagine people complaining about them "selling out" by "recently creating" a CGI character, when we know he was born in the 80's!
Heh, yeah, people are funny that way. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Waldo isn't that popular of a character with fans and non-fans like Bean, the frackles or even someone like Uncle Deadly seems to be. I like him and would like to see all Muppets included. I actually think (even though I understand why Disney wouldn't want to allow it) that a Sesame character should cameo in this movie because every one of the original trilogy featured a Sesame cameo. I'd pick Oscar. Sesame Workshop and Disney are trying to differentiate their brands so I don't expect it.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
LOL, maybe they should use an orange Oscar ...

Drtooth

Reaction score
It would be absolutely great if Disney pulled some strings and let in a cameo by one of the Sesame Street characters, though that's impossible. Disappointingly impossible, but we have to move on.

Anyway, I have to say this... we gotta stop saying "we want X obscure character in this movie." Two reasons... we'd be disappointed if they didn't appear, and if they did, we wouldn't be surprised.

And one more bonus reason. I think that if they focus on the characters that always had larger roles in the original movies, we'll get stronger writing from those characters, leaving the background characters to be there as support. That is, the characters who were always in the major focus in these films- not just Kermit and Piggy... but Scooter, Rowlf, The Electric Mayhem, Bunsen and Beaker, Sweetums... Sure, I really want to see Link have a major speak movie role at some point, but I just wanna see Rowlf and Scooter used in more than one scene where they say one short line for fan service.

As for Pepe, again, I'm sure that the supervising heads of Muppet Studios will vouch for him, and they'll work him into the story somehow. They clearly intend to merchandise the character at some point... he's on tote bags and towels and a Kid's T-Shirt... no adult one yet, grrr...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
It would be absolutely great if Disney pulled some strings and let in a cameo by one of the Sesame Street characters, though that's impossible. Disappointingly impossible, but we have to move on.

Anyway, I have to say this... we gotta stop saying "we want X obscure character in this movie." Two reasons... we'd be disappointed if they didn't appear, and if they did, we wouldn't be surprised.

And one more bonus reason. I think that if they focus on the characters that always had larger roles in the original movies, we'll get stronger writing from those characters, leaving the background characters to be there as support. That is, the characters who were always in the major focus in these films- not just Kermit and Piggy... but Scooter, Rowlf, The Electric Mayhem, Bunsen and Beaker, Sweetums... Sure, I really want to see Link have a major speak movie role at some point, but I just wanna see Rowlf and Scooter used in more than one scene where they say one short line for fan service.

As for Pepe, again, I'm sure that the supervising heads of Muppet Studios will vouch for him, and they'll work him into the story somehow. They clearly intend to merchandise the character at some point... he's on tote bags and towels and a Kid's T-Shirt... no adult one yet, grrr...
Pepe will be a featured character for certain. His absence from the early draft seemed a rather distinct creative choice, but Disney wants him and enough of the public really likes him. The prawn's particularly good at bridging non-fans to the Muppet gang and let's not forget he got his own book! I'm just pulling for some more Scooter screentime. I don't know why he was neglected in that draft.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'm just pulling for some more Scooter screentime. I don't know why he was neglected in that draft.
To put Scooter in such a small role would be a big step backwards. David Rudman needs to be able to grow as that character, and he needs to be given the chance to do so. Hopefully they'll be using a lot more of him before the film so David will be comfortable with him (or hopefully he's at least playing around with the character on his own). If they want to make this one like the original three movies, Scooter would need to be "number five" (this applies to all except The Muppet Movie where Rowlf was number five... or Camilla). I don't expect that, but he should at least be in the top ten Muppets used... perhaps tied with Rowlf. :wink: :sympathy:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
To put Scooter in such a small role would be a big step backwards. David Rudman needs to be able to grow as that character, and he needs to be given the chance to do so. Hopefully they'll be using a lot more of him before the film so David will be comfortable with him (or hopefully he's at least playing around with the character on his own). If they want to make this one like the original three movies, Scooter would need to be "number five" (this applies to all except The Muppet Movie where Rowlf was number five... or Camilla). I don't expect that, but he should at least be in the top ten Muppets used... perhaps tied with Rowlf. :wink: :sympathy:
Yup. I'm hoping the main leads will include Kermit, Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Scooter, Pepe, Rizzo and Rowlf (with Bunsen, Beaker, the Electric Mayhem and the rest of the gang heavily featured when applicable).

Drtooth

Reaction score
To put Scooter in such a small role would be a big step backwards. David Rudman needs to be able to grow as that character, and he needs to be given the chance to do so. Hopefully they'll be using a lot more of him before the film so David will be comfortable with him (or hopefully he's at least playing around with the character on his own). If they want to make this one like the original three movies, Scooter would need to be "number five" (this applies to all except The Muppet Movie where Rowlf was number five... or Camilla).
I feel that way too. But then again, I remember the earliest draft of the Fraggle Rock movie (the leaked one) lacked a major role for Mokey, but it was denounced as just the earliest possible draft, and that was well taken care of. Scooter has been what the Muppets were missing for years, and he really is an important character. Roger Langridge thinks so, and several issues focused on a Scooter backstage plot (Family Reunion 1 and On the Road 2 at least). I'm sure that he'll be featured at the very least to the extent of LTS. I mean, the director wanted Uncle Deadly somewhere in the movie when the writers had no clue who he was, so he probably vouched for Scooter.

beaker

Reaction score
I feel that way too. But then again, I remember the earliest draft of the Fraggle Rock movie (the leaked one) lacked a major role for Mokey, but it was denounced as just the earliest possible draft, and that was well taken care of. Scooter has been what the Muppets were missing for years, and he really is an important character. Roger Langridge thinks so, and several issues focused on a Scooter backstage plot (Family Reunion 1 and On the Road 2 at least). I'm sure that he'll be featured at the very least to the extent of LTS. I mean, the director wanted Uncle Deadly somewhere in the movie when the writers had no clue who he was, so he probably vouched for Scooter.
Heh, Fraggle movie. Does JHC have any credibility left?
Dark Crystal sequel, Fraggle movie...yawn. I feel ashamed I ever jumped on the anti Disney bandwagon.