UK Premiere?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I had a mind-blowingly good time at the premiere today! I feel so lucky to have met up with some MC people while I was there (Hi Chris and Leanne! Now I can *finally* connect your names to your MC avatars) and honestly this has been one of the best days of my life. On the 4 hour coach trip home I ran the whole movie back through my head and was literally blown away by it once again.

Reevz1977

Reaction score
You lucky, LUCKY people!!! Fantastic news to hear you all enjoyed it!!! :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I was also awed to meet the hilarious Warrick (who was an MC member long before me and whom I've always been a fan of!)

markit

Reaction score
Really great to meet you all yesterday at the screening, hope there'll be many more UK Muppet fan meets in the future :smile:

I can't think of a time when i've been more excited sitting in a cinema seat!
Took me right back to my childhood of when movies truly got me overwhelmed with excitement and awe. (Movies like Labyrinth)

The Muppets belong on the Big Screen!

I can honestly see myself going to see that again, and again, and again, and..oh you get the point!

And I agree Beauregard, nice to put faces to the avatars :smile:

I really hope the movie is a huge hit in the UK, I'm sure fans old and new are gonna love it!

But there's an interesting point, I think Beauregard mentioned yesterday, will new fans who don't get a lot of the references enjoy it as much ? I'd love to know what young kids who've not seen the Muppet Show or previous Muppet movies will make of it.
If it's anywhere close to the effect they had on me from the moment I saw them at 4 years old (the same as Walter's reaction) I'm sure they'll instantly fall deeply in love with the characters the same way so many of us did.

Have a great week everyone, also, Total Film magazine gave the film 4 Stars, great review, i'll post it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Mark

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Just looking at my earlier post from jan 9th, made me smile!

I know that's the prob. Don't wanna plan it all then 'something' does happen on a different day. Should be able to get a day off work at short notice so no need to plan til nearer the time!

Chris
KermieUK
Kermieuk, Jan 9, 2012

Forgot to post, I also met Martin Baker and he signed a kermit postcard for me too!! Still buzzing about the whole day. I want to see the film again now, so many amazing moments!!

Chris

Kermieuk

Reaction score
No, muppets. It was kind of a screening rather than a glitzy premiere. I have never been in a cinema so BIG!
Disney also got the entire audience to shout mahna mahna on video for the never ending mahna mahna phenomahna on the muppets Facebook.

Chris

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Just discovered that odeon cinemas in Belfast, Trafford centre, Southampton, & Norwich have advance screenings of the muppets on the weekend of 4th/5th feb? Check odeon web site for times and booking!

Chris

Beauregard

Reaction score
Trafford Centre! That's right by me. They once played the Swedish Chef Popcorn thing on a huge screen in the dining area there. Wonder if I can get it off work...

Does anyone else live near Manchester and fancy a meet up?

smalltimecrook

Reaction score
So disappointing that nothing is happening in the UK regarding appearances etc...Germany got a premiere with Kermit and Piggy!