1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

UK Premiere?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Reevz1977, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I will almost certainly be attending the Manchester screening on the 5th (will book tickets later this week), so if there are any Manchesterian Muppet fans who do want to meet up, get in touch! There's nothing (NOTHING) better than watching this new movie in the company of great fans.
  2. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

doesn't the movie come out in the uk on feb 10th? i would assume that first week of february would be when the muppets come out on talk shows and stuff there. or at least, probably kermit and miss piggy for sure

i'm sure they'll do press in britain. i'd very surprised if they didn't. probably more there than anywhere else outside the states
  3. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

Are you from Manchester? Guess who else is ;)
  4. Beauregard

Scooter???

Wait, no, I can't guess...

(Anyway, yes, I'm from near(ish) Manchester, so if you will be attending the screening then we shall have to meet up! Which would make you the 10th MC Person I've met in real life! Crazy times.)
  5. Spacey258

Spacey258 New Member

There is a muppets london premiere been annpounced its at 6.30pm at the mayfair hotel london on thursday 26th Jan.
  6. Spacey258

Spacey258 New Member

If anyone can find out how to get tickets please share!
  7. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Just had an email from Disney to say that there are no tickets left!! Which I kind of expected!

I'm just looking forward to seeing the film again and have lots of friends who also want to see it.

Chris
  8. markit

markit Active Member

Totally agree, much better to see it with friends and muppet fans, as opposed to the cast of hollyoaks and a big brother and reality tv types that haven't got a clue about the Muppets! :) Very frustrating, but that's premieres for you! :rolleyes:
  9. Beauregard

Haha. Yes, I heard someone on the radio today say that they would be going and, yes, I felt a bit of jealousy...but then I figured, "I've already seen it!" Also, I realised that I should be AMAZINGLY HAPPY to hear the word "Muppets" on the radio, even if I can't see it myself!
  10. rizzothechef

rizzothechef New Member

I gave up searching about premiere... now it looks like it ain;t happening anyway. Such a shame. I really wanted to fly over to London for it :(
  11. markit

markit Active Member

Anyone have any more details on the Premiere ? Is it a red carpet/green carpet affair ? Are the cast attending ? i'm wondering whether it's worth popping into town around that time to see if there's much of a buzz about it ?
  12. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

Hey mark

3 reports state that kermit and piggy are attending the red carpet event. Piggy has a new designer dress for it too. If I didn't live so far I would pop over to try and catch a glimpse. Steve and Eric are in the uk til 27th as they are filming Jonathan Ross today to!

Chris
  13. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

14. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

I want to go!!!!
  15. Beauregard

Are they really only here until the 27th? I was hoping they'd appear on Graham Norton which is filming on the 30th...
  16. zoebell

zoebell Active Member

well, that gives them today through friday, so that should be enough time to hit a few talk shows, right? or morning news shows or something?
  17. markit

markit Active Member

Anyone planning on going to the Mayfair hotel tonight to see if they can catch a glimpse of Kermit and Piggy ? :):mad:
  18. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

I SO want to, but can't :(

I hope lots of Muppet fans are there.
  19. Beauregard

I really wish I could, but don't think so...
  20. Beauregard

Aww...I've just explored every possible avenue of getting there, and there's no way at this point. Sad face! For some reason, I had set in my mind that the 26th was a Friday and that I was working, so I didn't realize until a few minutes too late that I could in fact have gone today...

Ahh well, mysterious ways and all that, hopefully this means that I'll have some good luck soon instead.