1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

UK Premiere?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by Reevz1977, Dec 18, 2011.

1. KitKatie

KitKatie New Member

Oh what a shame :( will be impossible to get tickets then :/
  2. markit

markit Active Member

Hi Lora, yup I heard the same too, but the work that's taking place in Leicester Square hasn't stopped many other premieres from happening, they have them all the time, or sometimes they're relocated to the O2.
    The person I spoke to said it's still being discussed, but if your contact is fairly certain about this and it's final, I guess we can stop hoping.
    I'm incredibly disappointed, not only having to wait but also no UK premiere. I really hope they still come over here for promotion of some kind, i'd love to meet Kermit in the flesh...I mean in the felt!

Let me know if your disney contact has any further info , would really appreciate that :)
  3. Kermieuk

Kermieuk Well-Known Member

If there is no premier are you guys still interested in meeting in London? A whole day to talk muppets watch the film and go to bond st Disney store to buy muppets??

Chris
  4. markit

markit Active Member

Sounds like a good plan to me, I'm in ! :) Just have to work out day/time/ showing etc! :)
  5. Kermieuk

I know that's the prob. Don't wanna plan it all then 'something' does happen on a different day. Should be able to get a day off work at short notice so no need to plan til nearer the time!

Chris
  6. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

I think we should do a London meet up to see the film if anyone is interested I don't mind looking into it.
  7. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

No UK premiere! Very disappointing.
  8. Lora

Lora New Member

Yeah we went to Arthur Christmas & Happy Feet prem's in Leicester square so it is possible. I spoke to someone at disney uk & they said there won't be & there aren't any details on any of the listings websites so I'm I think it's safe to assume no prem just the screening on 27th :o(
  9. Kermieuk

Just got home from the most amazing weekend in London at the uk premier/ screening of The Muppets at the empire cinema Leicester square.
    The film is amazing there were tears there were laughter and everything in between. It was so amazing to see after such a long time of promo.
    A HUGE hello to fellow muppet central fans who were also there. Such a thrill to spend time with such amazing people, thanks to all of you for making this such a memorable weekend.

Chris
  10. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

I have been waiting for you to post before I said anything. I'm still in shock that I've finally seen it. There will be more tears before bedtime. So wonderful to meet you all I had a blast. Oh and Daddy Rivett loves his Walter, Beaker and Angry Bird.
  11. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

I had a mind-blowingly good time at the premiere today! I feel so lucky to have met up with some MC people while I was there (Hi Chris and Leanne! Now I can *finally* connect your names to your MC avatars) and honestly this has been one of the best days of my life. On the 4 hour coach trip home I ran the whole movie back through my head and was literally blown away by it once again.
  12. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

You lucky, LUCKY people!!! Fantastic news to hear you all enjoyed it!!! :)
  13. Beauregard

I was also awed to meet the hilarious BlueFrackle (who was an MC member long before me and whom I've always been a fan of!)
  14. markit

markit Active Member

Really great to meet you all yesterday at the screening, hope there'll be many more UK Muppet fan meets in the future :)

I can't think of a time when i've been more excited sitting in a cinema seat!
    Took me right back to my childhood of when movies truly got me overwhelmed with excitement and awe. (Movies like Labyrinth)

The Muppets belong on the Big Screen!

I can honestly see myself going to see that again, and again, and again, and..oh you get the point!

And I agree Beauregard, nice to put faces to the avatars :)

I really hope the movie is a huge hit in the UK, I'm sure fans old and new are gonna love it!

But there's an interesting point, I think Beauregard mentioned yesterday, will new fans who don't get a lot of the references enjoy it as much ? I'd love to know what young kids who've not seen the Muppet Show or previous Muppet movies will make of it.
    If it's anywhere close to the effect they had on me from the moment I saw them at 4 years old (the same as Walter's reaction) I'm sure they'll instantly fall deeply in love with the characters the same way so many of us did.

Have a great week everyone, also, Total Film magazine gave the film 4 Stars, great review, i'll post it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Mark
  15. Kermieuk

Just looking at my earlier post from jan 9th, made me smile!

I know that's the prob. Don't wanna plan it all then 'something' does happen on a different day. Should be able to get a day off work at short notice so no need to plan til nearer the time!

Chris
    KermieUK
    Kermieuk, Jan 9, 2012

Forgot to post, I also met Martin Baker and he signed a kermit postcard for me too!! Still buzzing about the whole day. I want to see the film again now, so many amazing moments!!

Chris
  16. Reevz1977

Reevz1977 Well-Known Member

Did any of the Muppets attend the premiere?
  17. Kermieuk

No, muppets. It was kind of a screening rather than a glitzy premiere. I have never been in a cinema so BIG!
    Disney also got the entire audience to shout mahna mahna on video for the never ending mahna mahna phenomahna on the muppets Facebook.

Chris
  18. Kermieuk

Just discovered that odeon cinemas in Belfast, Trafford centre, Southampton, & Norwich have advance screenings of the muppets on the weekend of 4th/5th feb? Check odeon web site for times and booking!

Chris
  19. Beauregard

Trafford Centre! That's right by me. They once played the Swedish Chef Popcorn thing on a huge screen in the dining area there. Wonder if I can get it off work...

Does anyone else live near Manchester and fancy a meet up?
  20. So disappointing that nothing is happening in the UK regarding appearances etc...Germany got a premiere with Kermit and Piggy!