TV Alert: The Muppets on The View Friday August 8, 2014

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So I watched the whole thing from 10am-11am, and it finished right now. Boy, was it awesome! I expected JUST maybe like 5 minutes of muppets, and I'd be waiting for the muppets the whole time like that QVC promotion thing, and barely see any of them, but for them to have A FULL HOUR TO THEMSELVES was really awesome. Though I did miss Gonzo :frown:. I wish he had something to do, except his VERY BRIEF CAMEO before one of the commercial breaks. It's sad that he's kind of phasing out, I would have loved to see him do a stunt or something, but what are you going to do it was still AWESOME. Besides the listed muppets who were on The View which were Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Pepe, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, Beaker, The Swedish Chef, and Statler & Waldorf. There were also a couple other muppets (though they only made brief cameos just before the commercial breaks which included the following muppets.
  • Gonzo the Great
  • Rowlf the Dog
  • Animal
  • Bobo the Bear
Here are some other assorted thoughts on the hour-long muppet hosted view episode.

• I loved how they tried to make the episode like TMS by incorporating sketches like "Sherrie's Comedy Club", I don't know if that was the intention, but it sure worked.
  • I never knew MISS PIGGY WAS SMART!! :confused:
  • It's funny how one of Fozzie's inspirations was Seinfeld when he debuted THE SAME YEAR AS FOZZIE (NOT THE SHOW "SEINFELD, THE PERSON Jerry Seinfeld)
  • When The Swedish Chef made meatballs, I was like, REFERENCE TIME!! Though when he took out the TENNIS RACKETS well I was like FANBOY REFERENCE FREAKOUT, and kept hoping that they'd show Statler and Waldorf with tennis rackets hitting the meatballs, but it didn't oh well. I'm still glad that there was a reference to The Swedish Chef's first sketch (not counting Sex and Violence).
  • I'm SO JEALOUS of the studio audience! Not only did they get a copy of MMW, BUT they got it 4 DAYS EARLY, :eek: I need to be in The View's audience!
  • Fozzie's internet joke revoulutionized the face of stand-up comedy.
  • ANOTHER person asks when the frog and the pig will tie the knot. :rolleyes:
  • I loved the clip usage, but I do wish they'd have included more, like the scene in TMS episode 101 when Kermit and Piggy met.
So overal I'd give this muppet appearence a 9/10. It went well beyond my expections, and I wonder why ABC never advertised it! My only complaint was the lack of Gonzo, everything else was AWESOME!

Katzi428

Reaction score
I liked when Piggy was saying she wanted to be a host on The View...that is until she was told she'd have to be up at 4AM!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
  • I loved the clip usage, but I do wish they'd have included more, like the scene in TMS episode 101 when Kermit and Piggy met.
Maybe they wanted to avoid that one because they thought Richard's Piggy voice might confuse people, but that's just a thought.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's nice to see they got out of the Kermit/Piggy comfort one by having Bunsen and Beaker. Have they ever been on a talk show before? Like, maybe GMA, but not a talk show. We need more of that.

That and the Swedish Chef bit were good, but I think the unexpected surprise was Bobo. Now in that short 30 seconds, he managed to be even funnier than the rest of the show. Not that it wasn't good, but the whole thing was a great reminder of why us Bobo fans love the character.

And Rowlf was there too. Great selection of characters.