TV Alert: The Muppets on The View Friday August 8, 2014

Muppetlab

Reaction score
This needs to be shared so those of us in the UK can get to enjoy it!! :smile:

So far there has been no promo at all here. Not even seen an ad in the tv :-(

Beaker <3

Reaction score
I'm so disappointed. Poor Beaker, Boron is just to the left of Carbon on the periodic table! I like to think he was nervous on national television and perhaps had trouble articulating.

Or maybe he is a microbiologist, not a chemist. After all, he did handle the germ enlarger relatively well.

Am I the only one really bothered by this new canon? After Beaker was seen flossing his ears as if he was "empty headed" in Muppets in Space, I really thought his portray had come around. His YouTube clips have really demonstrated his abilities beyond test subject/lab rat.

Beaker has always been my absolute favorite, and I've always had a head canon that he favored chemistry since he excels in the lab setting (and Bunsen did discover Bunsonium). But perhaps that's just selfish of me since chemistry is my favorite science (analytical chemistry, to be precise; organic is not my thing).

I'm definitely over analyzing a Muppet sketch of all things when the whole point was that Miss Piggy proves she's not a stereotypical blonde and does more than obsess over herself.

I just like to think of Beaker and myself as science buddies/kindred sprits. :eek: