Truth commercial: Muppets & smoking

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Well said, frogboy. I commend you for a well-thought post. The one problem I see as far as pot is concerned comes from the fact that the very substance that stoners abuse could save the lives of so many people confined to a old folk's home or something, because it is said (though it may just be a rumor) that the plant itself--or something in it--lengthens (or at least, extends) one's life. The thing is...again, moderation. As many stoners prove, overdoing the product can be fatal and quite frankly, stupid and idiotic & so, the best way to stall the coming in of more stoners is to regulate the use of the thing (that is, if--or when--the stuff's legalized).

wwfpooh

Reaction score
*laughs at Krazed's signature, given that practically nothing is original anymore*

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
*laughs at Krazed's signature, given that practically nothing is original anymore*

but, doesnt mean you cant try- if you dont try, then you never will find if you can be original

"its better to fail in originality"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
"There is no such thing as an old joke...unless you've heard it before." :wink:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Is anyone else horrified by the latest truth commercials? In my opinion, all they really do is confuse people. Like me...now, I dont smoke, none of my family smokes, I dont plan on smoking, and I dont like being around smoke. But to me, they can send some very mixed messages. The first time I saw the one with all the fantasy creatures I was like "Wait, are they trying to say its a good thing?".

I never liked the truth commercials at all

wwfpooh

Reaction score
And the recent one with the "It Must've Been a Typo" musical montage? Horrendous.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Personally, I just have to say this... Family Guy and Robot Chicken's staff employs quite a few Muppet fans. Let's not forget, RC's Seth Greene was on Sesame Street and in fact said it was one of the greatest moments in his career.

But then again, we can have well thought out substantial parodies like them, and then we can get the various unfunny Youtube "erniez an burt ar gay! LOL!" 5 seconds to produce falsh cartoons. I don't mind adult style humor if it's well thought out. If it's just childish poo poo sex jokes, without any thought put into that (the juxtiposition of a childhood favorite and the sickest thing you can think of outside) then we have something lousy.

I have to say, the Electric Mayhem skit wasn't so much a parody of the Electric Mayhem, so much as a parody of those "Look how the mighty have fallen" Behind the something or other shows. Just so happens they have the Muppets in it.

But as for PSA's... well, I hate the current crop of shock value, or awkward stoner humor bits. When I wanted to learn about the dangers of smoking, I turned to A certain 2 robots, drug advice? I turned to some teenaged mutants and for eating healthy... I had that amorphous yellow blob thingy-

GAH... scratch that last one. no wonder I grew up to be overweight. YUCK!