1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by beaker, Dec 16, 2009.

1. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

The book is a British book, so perhaps that's a British term for voiceover artist? I googled it and didn't get too many good results.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Ah OK, thank you that does probably explain it. I've read British books about the media and they do use different terms. I was just caught up in being annoyed with the things the book did get wrong, heh.
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Well, remember during the olden days of cartoons? Usually, during the credits at the beginning, the voice actors were credited as "Voice Characterizations By".

Like take old Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies, you'd see: "Voice Characterizations By Mel Blanc". Likewise, other cartoons that were released theatrically, who credited their voice actors (I don't believe the classic Walt Disney shorts ever credited the voice actors), did similar things, such as DePatie-Freleng cartoons.
    heralde and charlietheowl like this.
  4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

That's no more then seeing a comment calling the Muppeteers cartoon voice actors. :rolleyes:
  5. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

When I watched behind the Looney Tunes section of behind the scenes, Mel Blanc wanted a raise, but instead they gave him credit to the screen that says, "Voice Characterizations by Mel Blanc."
  6. Whatnot1988

Whatnot1988 Member

I remember seeing/hearing on an interview with Frank Oz on A&E's Sesame Street documentary that when people say "Hey you're the voice of Grover/Cookie Monster/Bert/etc," Frank responds "I created more than just a voice, I created a character." That should prove those who call Muppeteers "Voice Actors" wrong!
    ProboSowa, Hubert, heralde and 2 others like this.
  7. Pinkflower7783

Steve Fitmore is a great Kermit the Frog. See if you can find the mistake.
  8. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

How do you spell Kermit wrong? Seriously? Everyone knows it starts with a "C".

But yeah, maybe they heard Steve's name once, and just sort of forgot how to say it. Or got it mixed up with another last name.
    Muppet fan 123 and heralde like this.
  9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

When people call Oscarfan "Shawn".

He IS a Muppet, right? It's so hard to tell... :o
  10. Pinkflower7783

Yeah let's go with that. :p
  11. Mo Frackle

Hey, it's possible. :p
  12. Pinkflower7783

Someone just sent me the weirdest message on YouTube I don't even know where to start about misnaming Muppets. :confused:
  13. Mo Frackle

I want to see! I want to see! But if it's too personal, you don't have to show us.
  14. Pinkflower7783

I already deleted it it was so stupid beyond words. It was just bascially asking me really pointless questions. I'm sorry but when you send me a question about "Does Cermat the Frog do you have the song "it's so easy being green" or "how come Jason Spielberg isn't gonna be in the new Muppets movie" I'm pretty much just gonna not take you seriously.
  15. Mo Frackle

Yeah, I wouldn't. Kind of makes me wonder if somebody reading this thread sent that. Hmmm....:confused:
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  16. Pinkflower7783

Well I have Muppet slideshows that I make on my account so I think that's why I get the questions. I even got one asking "why does Piggy go out of her way to make Kermit jealous." I'm just like *face palm*
  17. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

"It's so easy being green," lol. Kinda mixed up the message there, lol.
  18. Pinkflower7783

At least the person knew Cermat was green. :rolleyes:
  19. Mo Frackle

"It's So Easy Being Green" is a classic! Along with "Not Movin' Right Along", "Mahna Mahna - Don't don't don't don't don't", and "The Rainbow Disconnection".
  20. Pinkflower7783

Or "The First Time You Know It Happens" followed by "Couldn't we Walk?"
    Muppet fan 123 and Mo Frackle like this.