1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by beaker, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Hmm, so it does. Either way, you guys knew what I was aiming for, right?
  2. DrDientes

DrDientes Active Member

That's why I said "ironically". :p
    Muppet fan 123 and Mo Frackle like this.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I got nothing left. :p And yes we knew what you were aiming for...well at least I did.
    DrDientes and Mo Frackle like this.
  4. Mo Frackle

Let's not forget those classic catchphrases:

:): Ho, hi!
    :mad:: Soy am so pretty!
    :o: Tocka, tocka!
    ;): My theather who owns this uncle likes the idea...
    :halo:: MAN! MAN!
  5. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Well, it looks like they think of songs the opposite way. Hmmm! They could misname it as When the Water Meets the River. Why does anyone have the right to misname songs? Sheesh! :)
  6. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

I just looked at the comments on the "Hugga Wugga" video on Youtube, and someone referred to Mahna Mahna as funkeemonkee.

:sigh: Really?

Another thing that bugs me is when people refer to The Count as Count Dracula.

And let's not forget the recent Big Bird hysteria......you all know what I'm talking about.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  7. Pinkflower7783

I've already seen people call "Big Bird" "Big Canary." -_-
  8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

You know, I'm starting to wonder... do you think these people are intentionally getting some names and such wrong just to act like morons because they may be, oh, I don't know... trolls?
  9. Pinkflower7783

I think both their morons and trolls. If that's what your getting at.
  10. Mo Frackle

I saw a review for TM today on Tumblr that I swear looks like someone wrote it in another language, and then used Google Translator to turn in to English. It constantly refers to The Muppets as "dolls", and talks about the Muppets doing classic specials like "Letters to Santa" and "The Muppet Show: Wizard of Oz". It also refers to the plot as "Kermit and his doll friends Miss Piggy, Fozzy, etc. saving their theater from bankruptcy". :sigh:
    muppetlover123 likes this.
  11. muppetfan24/7

Oh... not again! Muppets were cosidered "puppets" not "dolls." Someone definetely does not know what exactly the Muppets are. Sheesh! :)
    muppetlover123 likes this.
  12. Mo Frackle

[​IMG]

*FACEWING* Not even Meme people can get it right!

(Though in fairness, there's already been a lot of confusion about where the name "Muppet" originated from. Still, "Musical Puppet" is definitely one I've haven't heard of until now.
    CountFan1998 and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  13. ProboSowa

ProboSowa Member

No clue how they came to THAT conclusion... at least it's not something completely nonsensical like multiplication puppet or something.
    CountFan1998 likes this.
  14. Mo Frackle

[​IMG]
  15. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

A new, fiery show? I don't remember seeing any fire. And that's right, the Muppets didn't do much before 2006. :p
  16. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

17. Mo Frackle

Muppet fan 123 and cjd874 like this.
  18. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

And also "Rolf."
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  19. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Uch! Disney is behind these, why is no one realizing the mistakes? Why does it have to be the fans who correct them? They should know even more than the fans!

Sometimes, I wish I worked for Disney..
  20. muppetfan24/7

Well, get this, Muppet fans. While I was watching Christmas Eve on Sesame Street on Youtube, one user said, "scienece street." I was like, "WHAT? No, no, no! It's Sesame Street, you no good people. Grrrrrr!"