Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

D'Snowth

Reaction score
"wow I didn't know Piggy was voiced by a man." A man?!! I mean really! Sad thing is is the people I've come in contact with claim their huge Muppet fans. ><
Yeah, I read a similar YouTube comment the other day, someone was saying that Frank Oz was one strange individual because he plays Miss Piggy, a man playing a female pig.

I responded to the troll saying, Miss Piggy may be female on the outside, but she's definitely a man on the inside.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
According to Kevin Clash, when Frank was passing over his characters for Kevin to perform in MTI, Frank described Piggy to him as a truck driver wanting to be a woman.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yes. Not only that, but Frank has also said that Piggy is so outlandish a character, she can really only be played by a man.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes. Not only that, but Frank has also said that Piggy is so outlandish a character, she can really only be played by a man.
I don't know if a woman could never play Piggy; bottom line it would just have to be someone who is able to see the humor in a diva sort of character and not worry about being politically correct, yet also make her vulnerable.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't know if a woman could never play Piggy; bottom line it would just have to be someone who is able to see the humor in a diva sort of character and not worry about being politically correct, yet also make her vulnerable.
Well, as far as the latter goes, Frank has also said that when he performs Piggy, it "comes from pain", because she does have that slight level of vulnerability which comes from pain, so he has to dig deep within himself to find that pain and transfer that to her.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well, as far as the latter goes, Frank has also said that when he performs Piggy, it "comes from pain", because she does have that slight level of vulnerability which comes from pain, so he has to dig deep within himself to find that pain and transfer that to her.
Definitely, I think that's what's missing from our pop culture art today. Our pop culture avoids pain, or pretends to have pain but doesn't have a clue.