The wait for Spring 2009 starts here

Rugby

Reaction score
I would vote for Rizzo, but only on the condition that he is also a working puppet. A simple mouth moving mechanism should be easy enough to include. :wink:

I lost the last grandmother I had earlier this year. She was actually my wife's grandmother, but she was my grandma too as far as I was concerned. So I feel your pain, Kevin. Losing grandmas is tough business. :frown:

ButchCat

Reaction score
Terry if it was your choice, based on the idea that Piggy IS next what ONE Muppet would you like to get your hands busy with afterwards?

Kevin
Hi Kevin and everyone,

Yeah, I know I was suppose to do this way before this and I apologize for taking so long to answer this question of Kevin’s but before I do that I want to take a moment to offer my condolences to Kevin for his loss and I am honored that I was apart of what made you feel that you are not alone and Kevin you are not.

Now Kevin in answer to your question. There are lots of Muppets I’d love to builds as posers. The ones I would do right after Miss Piggy are Scooter (Big surprise), Floyd (Yes Jerry needs a character here), Rowlf, Robin, Janice, Dr Teeth and finally Beaker. Ok Sam Eagle too. Did I forget Zoot? I am very big on Scooter or Floyd being made next but I don’t have the say on it although I have told Travis what I thought.

There was some talk from you guys about Robin being a good choice for being next. If Master Replicas is looking for a poser that would be easier on their budget then I would have to agree that Robin is very easy and quick to make. If I had the patterns I could make him in less than a week. That counts the Fleece dyeing and hand sewing. The thing about using their patterns is that it would keep Robin the correct size etc.

Was Once Ernie is correct in that Rizzo and Pepe would be just as hard to make as Fozzie was. What people have to remember is that size doesn’t mean a thing. Like Ernie says yes it does mean less usage of fabrics but still complicated.

To answer another question Master Replicas only has the license to make the posers. If they wanted to do something else they would have to acquire another license from Disney to make say an action figure. Well gang that’s all I can think of at this point I have to go now and look for work. For those of you who have not seen my new web site yet check it out at http://www.anguspuppets.com

Take care everyone and have fun,

Terry Angus

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Thanks for that little bit of info. I hope you don't have to wait too long to start the next poser in the near future. :wink:

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Question time to spark some conversation....

1) How many of us are grateful for the (patient) wait for Da Bear as a way of catching up on all previous three releases, or at least Animal and Gonzo?

2) Of those that have been around since the pre-sale of Kermit.... myself excluded :frown: Are you surprised how relatively quick Animal and Gonzo have sold out?

Kevin

Luke

Reaction score
2) Of those that have been around since the pre-sale of Kermit.... myself excluded :frown: Are you surprised how relatively quick Animal and Gonzo have sold out?
You can get those easily here, discounted at over half price. I thought they were still fairly easily available in the states too.

I got the impression that maybe the edition sizes for these have been a little too large, if they are able to make a Fozzie for us then if the rumored 1000 edition size is correct then its probably about right for the future and make sure none of these sit around or have to be discounted.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Question time to spark some conversation....

Kevin
Animal and Gonzo haven't sold out. Even Master Replicas is discounting them currently by 10% to non-collector's society members. The website says they're "going fast", but that's just a sales tool. Kermit took something like a year-and-a-half to two years to sell out. I can't imagine the more expensive Animal and Gonzo selling faster than the most famous Muppet of all time.

:stick_out_tongue:

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Yeah I'm sorry i got bad info. I was looking at a site that merely had the MR logo next to the item, and they were sold out of Animal. Sorry. I wonder how the sales on them have been. Was just thinking about Da Bear sitting in the other lazy-boy chair watching TV with me. How friggin' cool he's gonna be! (Can ya tell I'm bored. Must have been the Dark Knight movie I saw earlier!) Once again sorry for the mess up on my part. Had any of you considered making replica props for sale to go with these posers? Animals Chains, clothes actually made for them and not just baby clothes, Gonzo's horn, Plans for people to make FROG, BEAR, WHATEVER shipping boxes? It might be a nice little side thing for people. Heck, Terry if you stil having a hard time looking for a gig, (as I am) It might be an idea as the accessories, clothing I don't think would be at risk of any type of trademark violation. Reptile (frog) dress shirt and tie? Your thoughts? I'd pay 20% over cost for tailored stuff. Just trying again to make conversation. Spring is a long ways away guys! LOL

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
Thank you for answering our questions Terry.

We will all now have to play the waiting game.

Leanne