The wait for Spring 2009 starts here

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:embarrassed: Kevin
No more grasshoppers and beers for Kermit. :smile: But seriously, you aren't alone in your feelings and it appears you are trying to take a healthy perspective. Sometimes you have to grieve and that gets messy. It's supposed to and it's what makes us human. There are many other things I could say, but I have always found them to be cold comfort when said to me under similar cicumstances. Just make sure to take care of yourself in this time.

I think I would like to see Robin made. I would definitely buy him, especially since he'd be a little cheaper to buy. I haven't been able to afford any of these yet, so a Robin would kind of be in my price range.

My wish is to at least get Kermit, Fozzie and Gonzo, though. Maybe someday.
I'm not so sure Robin would be cheaper than Kermit. QCing a character that tiny could actually be more challenging. I'd expect a Kermit price for him.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'm not so sure Robin would be cheaper than Kermit. QCing a character that tiny could actually be more challenging. I'd expect a Kermit price for him.
Really? Hmm. I suppose. I know an actual puppet of Robin would be easier to put together than one of Kermit, but I guess that's quite different from the way a photo character has to be made.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Really? Hmm. I suppose. I know an actual puppet of Robin would be easier to put together than one of Kermit, but I guess that's quite different from the way a photo character has to be made.
I'm just thinking that size of the character isn't an issue when it comes to accurate design reproduction. I'd think he and Kermit would be about the same level of difficulty. Maybe Robin would be a little less due to his simpler pupils and lack of collar, but then you have the tiny head size that would almost certainly be more challenging as a puppet (because Jerry's hand would have to fit), but maybe not the poser.

On another note, I have been told that Kermit's inner headspace is quite roomy for the average size hand. There's so much that goes into a Muppet performance that we don't really think about! :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'm just thinking that size of the character isn't an issue when it comes to accurate design reproduction. I'd think he and Kermit would be about the same level of difficulty. Maybe Robin would be a little less due to his simpler pupils and lack of collar, but then you have the tiny head size that would almost certainly be more challenging as a puppet (because Jerry's hand would have to fit), but maybe not the poser.

On another note, I have been told that Kermit's inner headspace is quite roomy for the average size hand. There's so much that goes into a Muppet performance that we don't really think about!
Right. I understand the issue of room inside the head. I was just thinking about how Robin is alot closer to a basic sock puppet than Kermit is. It just seems to me that once you have the pattern down right (which, as you say, because he has a smaller head, would have to be perfect) he seems like an easier puppet to build. Or, at least, a bit less time consuming. His hands are a lot simpler than Kermit's would be, anyway. He doesn't have those thin, long fingers.

Maybe I'm wrong in that, though. I do see where he could present a problem. Still, he's a lot less complicated than Rizzo and Pepe! :shifty: :rolleyes:

On Kermit's head, when Jim was playing him (and I'm sure you've heard this, too) there wasn't anything in there but Jim's hand. He had huge hands! :eek: Steve has large hands, too, but I don't think they're as big as Jim's looked. You can kind of see that Kermit has a bit more "loose skin" nowadays than he used to.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Although Robin might be simple to make as a puppet, dont forget that these are full body photo puppets, that have to have armatures built inside them to make them posible.Although the characters are smaller, there is still the same amount of labor time that goes into them, so the difference is that they use slightly less materials, which only makes them slightly cheaper.People tend to think that the smaller characters are well under half the size, so they will be less than half the price, but that isnt the case.

Luke

Reaction score
I don't think they would do Robin anyway, just not a major character .... and as people have said, being smaller doesn't make them less complex. Look at Pepe, he'd need extra arms so extra armatures, and with him if you even get the eye or mouth positioning slightly off you've lost the entire character likeness. Even Palisades couldn't get him right - i actually think though he's a great character and i'd love him, he would be extremely complicated.

Thinking about it, the wait for 2009 doesn't sound a bad idea if we were talking in terms of keeping the line going. I'm not sure Master Replicas would pay for a renewal seeing as these are being cut in price, and also obviously a nightmare to develop for fairly little profit but if we do have 2009/2010 - and wheras at the moment we'd probably be lucky just to get Fozzie, there may well be a bit more momentum behind the whole Muppet brand by 2009/2010 and these might get a bit more attention by collectors. Whether that means a Piggy (which i agree oughta be made since she is the only really main character missing after Fozzie) or they decide to do something less complex so it can get past the Factory stage easier ... maybe a Beaker or Rowlf would probably be down to whats best for them business wise but at this point any Muppets are better than no Muppets.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
To all you Muppets,

thank you guys for your kind words. What has helped me through this is unfortunately my ex-fiance not keeping her words to come over to grieve together. So it is going swimmingly. I know when I go, the frog is going with me. He's eternal, but mine is going with me.

I love the thread so far about Robin and the smallers. It's a shame as MR will eventually find a factory. It will happen. But I don't know if it's un-nerving or not, but I would take the time that they have with Terry as an ioutside vendor/freelance creator to create say two more muppet prototypes. It would give him the time necessary to build the three of each, get ahead of the game in time for a jump on marketing for next year. There's no way in **** that they could make a shipping dealine for any muppet to be made by Terry and produced for the end of the year. But a head start for 2009, with preorders on the bear. The day he's healeased opne the pre-order for the next, and so on. Is the company currently in financial straights? I do realize that theese opinions and ideas are based on none of us knowing how much Terry is paid per character or per photo proto. And no that wasn't me asking. Out of respect to Mr. Angus. But once again this time we're waiting may help other Muppet fans to catch up like myself and buy Animal and Gonzo.

Your thoughts....?

Terry if it was your choice, based on the idea that Piggy IS next what ONE Muppet would you like to get your hands busy with afterwards?

Kevin

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I do agree on that. MR should give Terry some time to start work on the next poser so he doesn't have to rush it like he did the others. Also, it would give MR a chance to work on Fozzie, then have the next poser ready after him.

muppet baby

Reaction score
i would love to have a pepe i love him so much, and i would like the eltrice mayhame also wow they are great , but rizzo oh my him to i have to have him and pepe are just go great epecally together wow what a sense of humor .:smile::wink:

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
My Head hurts... Why in this great green earth would you even attempt to make Robin? I mean there is no way that he financially could grant MR as much money as the patterns alone would cost to produce for production.

He should be a mail-in offer if they do.

My vote besides Rizzo and Pepe is Floyd Pepper - Nuff Said. Jerry needs to be represented ASAP