1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The... -wait fer it-... "What made you laugh today?" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Kiki, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

2. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

"Here lies beloved Zoe, my autumn flower...somewhat less attractive now that she's all corpsified and gross."

Can you tell what I've been watching lately? :)
    newsmanfan likes this.
  3. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Take me, sir. Take me hard.

------------
  4. Ozymandias

"The hero from Canton, the man they call JAAAAAAYYYYYNNNNEEEEEE..." XD

Also, shh! No spoilers! I'm only up to episode 9! :p
    newsmanfan likes this.
  5. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Watch "Serenity" after you finish the series.

I follow Nathan Fillion on twitter and he frequently makes Firefly jokes.
    ---------------
  6. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I just found out that Wreck-It, Wreck-It Ralph (the movie there, heard over the closing credits) is performed by Buckner & Garcia. How's THAT for video arcade nerd nostalgia!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  7. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but Snowthy's Thanksgiving avatar always makes me giggle for some reason. I think it's the idea of a Snowth holding a turkey leg that I find funny XD
  8. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I think his avatar is cute!
  9. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

You know the classic cartoon startle reaction, jumping straight up in the air? As I was walking home I went by a squirrel that was digging for something right by the sidewalk. Its head was down and it didn't notice me until I was right beside it. Then it jumped about nine inches straight up, and sped away after it landed. All it needed was a few seconds' hang time while its feet made running movements and the bongo sound effect.
  10. Sgt Floyd

I'm listening to my mom and uncle arguing about their noses in the next room over. It's pretty funny XD
  11. Ozymandias

Some guy fell asleep during my Computer Sciences class this morning and he started snoring. Loudly. Enough so that the professor at the front of the auditoreum looked up and was all, "Is somebody asleep?"

MADE. MY. DAY. XD Snoring dude, you're awesome.
  12. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

We had a few friends over for Thanksgiving yesterday, and some of us kids decided to watch the Elton John episode of The Muppet Show. So I put in the correct Season Two DVD, and Kermit and Fozzie started off the menu with their catchphrases "Hi ho, Kermit the Frog here," and "Wocka wocka!" My ten year old brother (who is a big fan of Fozzie) responded to them by walking up to the screen and yelling, "WOCKA WOCKA YOURSELF!" It took us about five minutes to recover from our laughter. :)
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Over the holidays, when my family was all gathered together, I was sitting on a recliner, and I turned around for a second to look at something (so that I was facing the part where you rest your back). I apparently leaned too much on the part that goes up and down (depending on whether or not you want to recline), and that part went down, leaving me roll across the room.
  14. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

For the win!
  15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Personally, I totally agree with the constant interruption by Christmas... but the gag trifecta of both the parents losing their jobs and not being able to afford food for Thanksgiving, then telling their son he's adopted, but it doesn't matter because they're getting divorced anyway: priceless.
  16. Sgt Floyd

I saw this on facebook...

"WARNING: As of today- Facebook will automatically start to dragging the Earth into the sun. To change this option, go to Settings > Planetary Settings > Trajectory then UNCLICK the box that says "Apocalypse." Facebook kept this one quiet. Copy and paste onto your status for absolutely no reason whatsoever."
  17. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

That explains the warmer climate. :p
  18. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

We’re playing 21 and my friend flips a card to me, which lands face up. He then says something along the lines of, “Ah, that card is looking for attention! That’s the whore card!” Laughter ensues.
  19. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

My five-year-old brother: "We should name our Christmas tree Fozzie."
    Muppet fan 123 and Hubert like this.
  20. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

*is struck with inspiration from TheWeirdoGirl, and goes to name my Christmas tree Doc Hogg :p*
    TheWeirdoGirl likes this.