1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

The... -wait fer it-... "What made you laugh today?" Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Kiki, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

My state panicking over this hurricane that they say is gonna hit. The grocery stores are gonna be insane today I just know. :sigh:
  2. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

There is one typhoon near Taiwan, but it won't come thanks to the high pressure system above.
    We have typhoons so often in Taiwan that everyone is used to it.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Ha!! Not where I live and while it does look like were gonna get hit I still kind of feel like what can ya do anyways? Ready or not it's coming. Bleh!
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Taylor Swift just broke up with Connor Kennedy!

I swear, it is near impossible to date Taylor Swift, because in a matter of months, she's going to dump you, then write a song about what a loser you are.

5. Pinkflower7783

Who cares about Taylor Swift anyways. :p
    newsmanfan likes this.
  6. D'Snowth

The Kennedy's did apparently... :smirk:
  7. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Eh...no one is EVER gonna say, "Sir, I knew Taylor Swift -- and YOU are NO Taylor Swift!!"
    -----------
    Pinkflower7783 likes this.
  8. newsmanfan

AlittleMayhem likes this.
  9. Pinkflower7783

Laughing at a friend of mine and her husband literally having a fight on Facebook. This is quite amusing to me for many reasons.
  10. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Been doing a lot of singing around the house today and for no apparant reason, as i was singing Depeche Mode's "Walking in My Shoes", i started singing in country style - and it works so well it's brilliantly hysterical! As i type i'm now doing the same as i'm listening to "Personal Jesus"
    newsmanfan likes this.
  11. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

In the car with my mum, the radio was reporting on Hurricane Sandy (don't worry that's not the funny part :o). It then played a clip of Mitt Romney telling people to think of those caught up in the storm and, if they could, spare a dollar or more.

Then my mum said, "Excuse me, Mister Romney! I think you can spare more than a dollar for that!"
    newsmanfan likes this.
  12. Pinkflower7783

Well she is right.
    AlittleMayhem likes this.
  13. D'Snowth

Elmo has decided he wants to be the first monster president.

What he doesn't realize, however, is that ANOTHER furry little monster has pretty much already got him beat on that campaign trail, I'm not in the position to name names, but... still amusing, nonetheless.

Oh yeah, and a crow tried to play chicken with me today... I thought it was gonna crash into the windshield, but it didn't; I think it's feet or something hit the top of the van though.
  14. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

I liked the first part of your message. (Not the crow part) :p
    D'Snowth likes this.
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Same with me.
    D'Snowth and CaseytheMuppet like this.
  16. D'Snowth

Oh well. I can't please every body with every thing.
  17. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

18. Pinkflower7783

The manager at Bob Evans trying to explain to the lady in the next booth the difference between a turkey dinner and a turkey melt. She was not grasping the concept at all.
  19. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I usually never remember my dreams as they quickly fade from memory within seconds of waking up - i usually remember the feelings i had at the end of the dream but not the dream itself (which is probably a good thing since a lot of the time they're horrible nightmares) But this morning i woke from a dream in hysterical laughter and did my best to remember this one!!!

I'm watching the season finale of Pretty Little Liars and it's the last half hour of the show. Aria is kidnapped by A Team and for the last half of the show, the story pretty much focuses exclusively on Aria in A's HQ with only quick cuts to other scenes when they need something to serve as a transition between time shifts.

There's lots of people in black hoodies. Several dozen. Aria is told that from this point on, she'll either leave as a member of A or dead. Some of the hoodies start to come off and many of the people aren't familiar though Lucas is among them. He takes the time to apologize to Aria saying "Many of us were brought in under similar circumstances; we never really wanted to hurt you or your friends" Lucas is then shot in the face by another A for saying too much too soon. (In my dream i'm thinking i can't believe they got that graphic on ABC Family).

Eventually A is brought into the office (more of a den...there's beds among the desks which Aria takes a seat/lays down on) and is met by the apparent leader...a very efficient looking lady in her 30s who we've not previously seen. Aria asks if she's the boss and the lady responds. "Well, as far as this group here goes and as you're concerned, yes. There are other divisions in other states but as far as the Pennsylvania chapter is concerned, I'm the Head A" There's more questions and answers many of them concerning how Aria's overwhelmed by how big this whole thing actually is and how most of these people are seemingly strangers and doesn't know why all these people she doesn't recognize know so much about her and her friends and why they've been targeted. Head A explains that the main thing all the A's have in common are big secrets. Both obsession with others' and whoppers of their own which keeps them controllable. A lot of the specifics i'm hazy on but there's no way i can forget "the punch line". After more talk about A Team and how Aria will now either be a part of it, live by their rules and do everything they order or cease to exist, Aria further inquires what the overall purpose of this thing is and who's in charge of the whole thing...and A+ eventually reveals that the very top of the A Chain is Mitt Romney!!! (Right after this is revealed, Clint Eastwood makes a cameo appearance as one of the A's handing A+ Aria's file)
  20. newsmanfan