"The Muppets" Teaser Poster

RedPiggy

Reaction score
dwmckim said:
I mean i know its for "The Muppets" but i just can't justify seeing POTC2 just for the trailer given
*cough*We're on number 4*cough*

Drtooth

Reaction score
(d) i'm boycotting all the non-Muppet parts of Disney and there's no way i would dream of paying to see POTC2 during its original theatre run
I know the reasons for your boycott....I still doubt it would work to the extent you guys want. I still think boycotting the sponsors that will potentially sponsor their TERRIBLE reality/talk programming may make a mark... still, unless someone up there hates what the network's daytime line up is going through as much as you, the only way to get the show to go on is to get twit teenage girls watching, since that's the only demographic that even matters these days. Unfortunately, said idiot teenage girls have to go to school when most of these are on.

Anyway, that's what the internet is for. If you don't want to see the movie you can see the trailer. I'm sure the trailer, once released with POTC, the trailer will follow other movies, especially kids ones.

Personally I could take the chance that KFP2 has the trailer if I don't want to see POTC 4 or ...sigh... just watch a crappy, constantly buffering version of it online on the tiny computer screen alone... but I'd actually buy a ticket JUST for seeing the trailer.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
A Disney Boycott? Really?

ABC/Disney is equally guilty as all the other entertainment companies. No more and no less. I feel for soap fans, but a boycott is useless and won't save that dying genre. At least, not in its present format. This was a business decision. Not a personal one. Mark my words. It's only a matter of time for NBC to cancel "Days of Our Lives".

I'm particularly proud of Disney and their track record of being the first major entertainment company to champion equal treatment toward gay people even after being pressured by high-powered bigots. You know the ones. Those anti-gay groups that hide behind God and the word "family" when they're just a bunch of schoolyard bullies. Disney turned a deaf ear to those bullies and their boycotts fueled by hatred of gay men and women. Disney still gives equal rights to gay spouses, will allow gay civil ceremonies in their themeparks and still allow the Disney Parks gay day.

In the end Disney is a corporation. Nothing more, nothing less. But this corporation doesn't only take my money. They value me as an individual and I just can't support a boycott in any way, shape or form.

Plus, they're doing great things with Pixar and the Muppets! I wouldn't mind having Disney's baby these days! :flirt:

Drtooth

Reaction score
ABC/Disney is equally guilty as all the other entertainment companies. No more and no less. I feel for soap fans, but a boycott is useless and won't save that dying genre. At least, not in its present format. This was a business decision. Not a personal one. Mark my words. It's only a matter of time for NBC to cancel "Days of Our Lives".
I always felt Disney was on the ball compared to the other companies (look at how pathetic WB's attempts to "hip up" Looney Tunes with Loonatics, CN's attempt to become CNREAL and other annoying bits... other than DC comics, they still don't know what the frog they're doing).

The entertainment industry has always been a cold money machine, no question. The decision now is to make cheap junk that costs so little it doesn't matter if no one's watching. Brush off the faithful audience to try to get another that they're not entitled to. These people ARE rushing everyone to the internet and crying that they're losing viewers. Cartoons, soaps... same thing. it's only a matter of time until there's nothing but infomercials and reality smut.

Again, I don't understand the tradeoffs. None of them sound appealing. Extremely long involved games, annoying short games that are "addictive" and really bad original series online. Can anyone name an online series besides the howlingly unfunny "annoying Orange?" You just can't get too attached to anything anymore.

Bottom line is there's no bottom line anymore. It's all about money they have they're too afraid of investing, even if it pays off in the long run. Television genre-cide WILL be the norm... no matter how many people scream.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I always felt Disney was on the ball compared to the other companies (look at how pathetic WB's attempts to "hip up" Looney Tunes with Loonatics, CN's attempt to become CNREAL and other annoying bits... other than DC comics, they still don't know what the frog they're doing).

The entertainment industry has always been a cold money machine, no question. The decision now is to make cheap junk that costs so little it doesn't matter if no one's watching. Brush off the faithful audience to try to get another that they're not entitled to. These people ARE rushing everyone to the internet and crying that they're losing viewers. Cartoons, soaps... same thing. it's only a matter of time until there's nothing but infomercials and reality smut.

Again, I don't understand the tradeoffs. None of them sound appealing. Extremely long involved games, annoying short games that are "addictive" and really bad original series online. Can anyone name an online series besides the howlingly unfunny "annoying Orange?" You just can't get too attached to anything anymore.

Bottom line is there's no bottom line anymore. It's all about money they have they're too afraid of investing, even if it pays off in the long run. Television genre-cide WILL be the norm... no matter how many people scream.
Exactly. Television is going through an identity crisis right now. Any boycott right now will be just as useful as grounding a teenager for acting out. We'll all just kind of have to weather through it until maturity sets-in. If you want to boycott, then don't watch daytime television. Apparently no one's watching anyway!

I'm still upset over the cancellation of the fantastic night time program "Pushing Daisies" from a couple seasons ago. Again, it's not a personal slight to the fans. Disney and Warners just thought they could get a better bang for their buck elsewhere.

It just goes to show how quickly trends and viewership can change. I really hope the Muppets can find an active relevance again in this climate. Let's hope this movie does just that. I'm intrigued by this recent revelation that we'll be seeing a lot more head-to-toe shots of walking Muppets in this new film. Word from Segel is that it looks good. We'll see! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exactly. Television is going through an identity crisis right now. Any boycott right now will be just as useful as grounding a teenager for acting out. We'll all just kind of have to weather through it until maturity sets-in. If you want to boycott, then don't watch daytime television. Apparently no one's watching anyway!

I'm still upset over the cancellation of the fantastic night time program "Pushing Daisies" from a couple seasons ago. Again, it's not a personal slight to the fans. Disney and Warners just thought they could get a better bang for their buck elsewhere.
I say, if anyone SHOULD have been protesting and complaining about the soaps dying, it should have been the writers and actors who may be doomed to never find good work again.

Remember a few years ago when the writer's strike happened? Even though it took months for them to settle, they still had a reason for written television. If the strike happened this year, the higher ups would say, "Oh no! Now who will write a show we're just gonna cancel after less than a season anyway?" and plop out a bunch of bad reality shows no one intends to watch... no skin off their nose, they get to spend less of their money they came into from just being hired.

Yeah, I'd say TV is having a pathetic midlife crisis right now, deathly afraid of these computer things and the interweb (which apparently only existed for a year). But then how do they explain smash hits like Glee and Modern Family and stuff like that? TV CAN still hold an audience, the flawed as heck ratings system just doesn't show it.

The only way to save TRUE soaps would be to air them later in the day and sell out to dumb teenage girls. That's the ONLY demographic that matters now.

Though I still question the motives. They're replacing soaps with terrible The View knockoffs/spinoffs... there's one with MEN. Oh yeah, didn't Dick Clark and Danny Bonnaducci and Mario Lopez try that 8 years ago and fail miserably at it? They know no one's gonna watch, but it's easy money for them. And yet, we're at fault too. We no longer want to watch TV when TV is on. And what about the YT people, watching illegally uploaded old cartoons and TV shows, whining about how they don't make anything good anymore? it's everybody's fault, actually. The internet is STILL in the wild wild west phase, there are minimal opportunities left for creativity before the big corporations come in and screw it up.

As it stands, the only REALLy good thing that came out of the internet recently is Axis Powers Hetalia... I'd say Strongbad and the Homestarrunner crowd, but it seems the Brothers have left that behind... in the past year, they made 3 short cartoons, months apart.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Come on everyone Lets not get in a hugh tiff over the dyeing soaps. Goodness if you want Soap drama just look around here on the forums and I'm quite sure you will find it.

Now lets get back to this here Teaser poster and trailer that is coming out very soon. We could finaly get to hear what Walter sounds like and posibly if Pepe will be in movie at all.

Come on lets please not let this tread get closed over fighting about the Soaps, Let get tyhe focas back to how great this movie could be for our Muppets!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
thats what i wanna know ..im a little sad its animal instead of Pepe on the teaser...i miss the prawn
Now don't get me wrong I love Pepe in MFS. To me him and Rizzo really made the movie. However If Pepe is not in it due to Bill doing more with Rowlf and Dr.Theeth, then I will really be kind of torn. Now with that said I think Pepe could come out and say one line and kill, the same with Clifford. So really I just don't know how I would feel.

I think as die hard fans we want to see the core from The Muppet Show and the origanl 3 movies shine. Kermit Piggy and Gonzo are all a given, but the I think it would have to be the band, Scooter, and Rowlf. So if that puts Pepe and maybe even Rizzo not in the spotlight as much then I think some of the die hard fans would be fine with that.