"The Muppets" Teaser Poster

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Aw great.... now I HAVE to go and see that now. Not that I didn't want to, but it comes out pretty close to Kung Fu Panda... and I didn't even get a chance to see Thor yet.
Yeah, this is the only reason I'd really want to see the movie. Same goes for me seeing "National Treasure 2" (for the Goofy cartoon).

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm sure the trailer will appear (officially) online pretty soon after its premiers with the movie. Don't they usually go up the same day to avoid copying?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
so my friend works at a movie theater and he just told me that Pirates movie has the muppets trailer attached...he is letting me go in and see it today

Puckrox

Reaction score
so my friend works at a movie theater and he just told me that pirates movie has the muppets trailer attached...he is letting me go in and see it today
wat? Wat? Wat? Aaaaaaah! Awesome!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure the trailer will appear (officially) online pretty soon after its premiers with the movie. Don't they usually go up the same day to avoid copying?
yes, but there's something to be said for seeing a trailer in the actual theater, vs online. And I want to have that experience with this of all trailers. I kinda wanted to see Pirates 4 anyway (though I haven't actually seen the last 2 the whole way through), but now I'm going to want to go opening weekend to catch the trailer.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope in the trailer we get to hear Walter's voice (I figure we will, unless it's just a short teaser), as well as Matt Vogel's voice for Uncle Deadley.

ilovemusic

Reaction score
so my friend works at a movie theater and he just told me that Pirates movie has the muppets trailer attached...he is letting me go in and see it today
D: If that would be, I would watch that movie immediately! :big_grin:

dwmckim

Reaction score
So aside from special situations like Frogpuppeteer's where he has a friend who works at a movie theatre, does anyone have any experience with asking a movie theatre manager or usher if they can let them in to just see a trailer without watching (and paying) for the movie that follows?

I mean i know its for "The Muppets" but i just can't justify seeing POTC2 just for the trailer given
(a) the inflated price of movies these days
(b) my lack of money to live on and afford daily needs like food
(c) i have no interest in POTC2 as a movie
(d) i'm boycotting all the non-Muppet parts of Disney and there's no way i would dream of paying to see POTC2 during its original theatre run

...otherwise we'll just have to hope it works its way online soon.

mummytomb

Reaction score
Where are they going? It would be more powerful if the characters were coming from something other than blank space (a light or doorway) and were walking toward us making eye contact rather than focused on wherever they seem to be going.

As for CGI, no doubt in my mind it will be used at some point in the film. Jim would have used it.