1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"The Muppets" Teaser Poster

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by AndyWan Kenobi, May 13, 2011.

1. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

Just spotted this at aintitcool.com

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/49644

The teaser poster for "The Muppets"--nice to see them in all their glory, and I like that the poster just focuses on the Muppets themselves. And I think this lends weight to the idea that a teaser trailer is not far behind, probably with Pirates!
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You NEVER see (or at least rarely ever see) any Muppet Show posers walking upright. Something about that really gives this poster some oomph! Anything else I could say is the same old "I can't wait" stuff.

I wish we could see a nice, clean, high res version, though.
  3. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I REALLY like this! I just can believe it's happening! :eek::):)
  4. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

This is beautiful! And what a perfect tagline. This seems to hit just the right spot in just the right way. :)
  5. TSSD

TSSD Active Member

Wow, this is amazing!
  6. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Active Member

I completely agree.

November seems so far away right now...
  7. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Although I don't quite understand the tagline, I think it looks really good! Here's hoping for a trailer soon!
  8. theprawncracker

theprawncracker Well-Known Member

Amazing. AMAZING. I've been told by one (possibly untrustworthy) source that the trailer WILL be in front of Pirates. I plan to be there opening day to find out... but that's what I know.
  9. Bannanasketch

Bannanasketch Active Member

Utterly and absolutely AWESOME! I am so pumped for November 23rd! And Ryan, I wasn't plan on going to see PoTC4 but if you find out it has the trailer, I will definitely go! I'm so excited! :)
  10. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I'm thinking it probably has to do with the plot, which is that everyone's pretty much forgotten about this minority-like race and think they're so 80s or something. Thus, as Walter will find out, the Muppets are closer than he thinks.
  11. TheMonsterAteMe

TheMonsterAteMe Active Member

I think the tagline means the the Muppets are among us and are closer than we think. Like, a plot line in the movie is that they are working regular jobs in society. So I think the tagline means that there are Muppets are all around us and we just don't realize it yet! :)
  12. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

My heart skipped a beat when I saw it (Frog, my life is dull).

THE AD CAMPAIGN HAS OFFICIALLY BEGUN! :excited:
  13. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i saw pirates last night at a special screening...sadly no trailers were attached

as for this poster i must own this
  14. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

sweeeeet! :excited::excited: *FAINTS*
  15. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

*ahem*

SQUEE!
  16. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

This is why I wish they had some reputable place to buy movie posters cheap...

Though it will never be as beautiful as those old hand drawn, painted ones.
  17. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

My night is made. :) :) :)
  18. Muppetplus

Muppetplus New Member

I'm getting more and more excited for this movie! For once (ok I'm exaggerating), something good happened on Friday the 13th. :)
  19. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

Wow - that is just really weird.

I mean, i've seen the script and all and i have no idea what the tagline's supposed to refer to.

The poster actually seems like it's for a different Muppet movie altogether than the one coming up!
  20. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

The poster kind of reminds me of Muppets from Space, in a good way. I think a teaser poster even more vague should have been released awhile ago...but I like this one.

It's unapolagetic..it's saying there is this special group of characters deep down everyone loves, but thinks they went away or died off. I interpret the tagline to kind of assume those who know, know. That this is an event.

And unlike every other craptacular modern relaunch of old brands(tho I dont consider Muppets old, always current with something) they are treating this more with respect. Plus unlike smurfs, scooby doo, yogi bear, chipmunks etc the film is all real life and not cgi characters. Tho its funny seeing the AICN comments, people think its a cgi film. Itll be a VERY special feeling seeing the first trailer on the big screen. This is our star wars sequel:)