The Muppets head for Oz

What do you think of the Muppet Wizard of Oz script?

• I like that it will be based on the book

Votes: 49 43.0%
  • I wish it was based on the movie

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • I wish they would do something original

Votes: 54 47.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MuppetVision

Reaction score
What is the difference from the movie and the books?

I hope Dr. Teeth is in it!!! He's the best Muppet! Well, I like him, but I'm starting to like others better. I hope Sweetums is in it too!

Is there a cast list anywhere?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Others may have already pointed this out (I didn't read the whole thread) but at the risk of sounding negative - at this stage a notice like this in Variety makes this project about as "official" as that Fox TV Muppet Show we've been waiting for. They haven't even got a script yet so the deal could be killed very easily.

That said, it is Disney's network (ABC) and it's probably close to a sure thing. But we've also heard that before...here's hoping we'll be seeing this soon!!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
MuppetVision said:
What is the difference from the movie and the books?

I hope Dr. Teeth is in it!!! He's the best Muppet! Well, I like him, but I'm starting to like others better. I hope Sweetums is in it too!

Is there a cast list anywhere?
There's a LOT of differences, and it's easier to tell you to just read it. If you go to this thread I started for Non-Muppet Oz related conversations, there's a link that you can go to to read the book online: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=13147
--------------------------
I was just thinking about this film and Disney's ABC network and la-de-da. Let's not forget what Disney's ABC did with Muppets Tonight after only almost 4 shows: Cancelled it to the Disney Channel. BLAH! :grouchy:

Beauregard

Reaction score
NOOOOO! NO! NOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

*gets dragged away kicking and screaming*

___

NOOOODDDLLLLEEEE! NOODLE! NOOOODDDLLLLEEEE!

*screams dragging away*

SaraJayne

Reaction score
Okay, I'm still a little confused about a few things. First, is this going to be a made for TV movie, or a buy-your-tickets-and-popcorn move? Also, will there be music in it? They obviously cannot use the music from the original movie (or can they?), and the last Muppet movie (MFS) didn't have any Muppet songs in it which I found to be very disappointing. I know that nothing is really set in stone yet, but if anyone has heard anything I'd appreciate the clarification.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Made for TV, based on the book not the '39 movie. I do hope for original songs!!

froggiegirl18

Reaction score
I wish they could be doing something original as well

I have mixed feelings as well. I am thrilled that it is another movie going to be filled with the humor of the muppets, but I am just tired of seeing things that have already been done. At least Kermit's swamp years was an original idea and most of it was pretty funny, but the whole Good boy movie was like homeward bound in a sense. I just hope that this will bring more fans to the muppets ranging from all ages and to have the company to be promoted in positive light as it should be. That those who thought the muppets are only for kids will see the dream that Jim Henson had for it.

-Sandee :smile:

Mud Bunny

Reaction score
book vs movie

At the very end of the book, Dorothy sees her aunt on the porch of the farm and runs up to her, THE END. That's all folks.

Her shoes are silver, not red or ruby.

The fighting trees are seen when she travels to find Glinda, after defeating the wicked witch of the west.

She is saved from the poppy field by field mice.

To read the entire book online (The Wonderful Wizard of Oz) go to my website at http://lokrin.net/oz/

By the way, I've been waiting for the Muppets to do Jurrasic Park, starring Miss Piggy.... Jurassic PORK! :mad:

Can you just picture a lot of little kermit velociraptors running amuck? :smile:

Anyone know where I can find a mud bunny picture/avatar?