1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The "Have You Ever Wondered..." Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by D'Snowth, Oct 15, 2011.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Have you ever wondered why tornadoes are never named like hurricanes are? I mean I'm pretty sure it's probably because they're far more common than that of hurricanes throughout the year in far more parts of the world, but still, I HAVE wondered...
  2. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Because tornadoes aren't something that people are tracking for days and days. They come and they go. The reason hurricanes have a name is so that people and meteorologists can easily talk about the progress of them, while also assigned potential predictions, warnings, etc.

Tornadoes on the other hand, you never care about a hurricane unless it's near you, and even then, you don't track the progress of it. It's a come and go thing.
  3. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

"And Tornado Teddy was last seen over Dorothy's house..."
  4. D'Snowth

Forgive me for seemingly like a n00b, but what exactly is that from?
  5. heralde

Oh...I just made it up actually. I just put it in quotes so it seems like a news announcer, lol.
  6. D'Snowth

Oh. That's really clever. :D
  7. heralde

Lol, thanks! :halo:
  8. D'Snowth

Maybe it's just me, but has anyone wondered what happened to Adele? We were hearing her ALL THE TIME for a while there on the radio, you probably heard both "We Could've Had it All" and "Someone Like You" multiple times a week, and of course, she was always at these music award shows, usually performing "We Could've Had it All" rather off-key (unless the recorded version was in PAL, and that's why, considering she's from England), but now, I can't even remember the last time any of her songs have been played on the radio, and it also kind of seems like she's disappeared from the mainstream as of late. What's up with that? Or are the likes of Justin Bieber, Carly Rae Jepsen, and Gotye overshadowing everybody right now?
  9. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

She's taken some time off recently because she's having a child with her fiancee, so she hasn't really worked on a follow-up album yet. I think radio programmers and other promoters just moved on to the next flavors of the month because she couldn't make the promotional rounds and appearances.
  10. Animal'sBunny

Animal'sBunny Active Member

Yeah, I heard somewhere Adele was taking a break from music because shes pregnant, but before she also had a huge vocal cord problem thing so she couldn't sing. Also Rumor Has It plays sometimes on the radio (I heard it Friday) :)
  11. D'Snowth

She's pregnant?!

*Blink*

Lemme guess, it was an "accident"?
  12. Animal'sBunny

Um... I dunno... but, she is engaged...so...
  13. D'Snowth

Ah, the old, "Woops, I got pregnant, so now I'll get married to my baby's daddy to right the wrong" gesture. Classic.
  14. Animal'sBunny

:D Actually, I think she was engaged first... Buy I'm glad I've found someone else who loves to make fun of celebs as much as I do... :D
    D'Snowth likes this.
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

You read my mind.
    HeyButtahfly and D'Snowth like this.
  16. D'Snowth

Great minds think alike. ;)
    Hubert likes this.
  17. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Weird minds think alike.