The "Have You Ever Wondered..." Thread

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered why out of all the cartoon characters out there who don't wear pants why Donald Duck is the only one who gets flack for it? Bugs Bunny, Wakko Warner, Red Guy, it's okay for these guys to parade around without any pants, but when Donald Duck does, it's a big deal? Really?

Hubert

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered why out of all the cartoon characters out there who don't wear pants why Donald Duck is the only one who gets flack for it? Bugs Bunny, Wakko Warner, Red Guy, it's okay for these guys to parade around without any pants, but when Donald Duck does, it's a big deal? Really?
At least Bugs Bunny doesn't wear any clothes, unlike Porky Pig.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered why on TV, the interior sets like people's apartments and such (Jerry Seinfeld's apartment for example) are never completely square or rectangular? Like Jerry's apartment is almost triangular, you never see arcitecture like that in real life.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
One thing I've wondered, and maybe Drtooth might know something about this, is when exactly was this FCC regulation implemented that a television series has to have a minimum of five seasons in order to be syndicated? It has to have been in more recent years, because that doesn't explain how certain older shows that didn't last that long, such as The Munsters, a bunch of Hanna-Barbera's Saturday Morning cartoons, Sid & Marty Krofft shows, or even most standard four-season 52-episode cartoons are able to still be seen in reruns today.

Hubert

Reaction score
Someone suggested this, and now it's making me curious:

Have you ever wondered why instead of making tons of pairs of 3D glasses to wear at 3D movies, they can't just make another pull-down screen in front of the movie screen that is made out of the same material as the lenses? If they could do it, it would probably be easier than to make all of those pairs of glasses. I would imagine it would save money too. Plus, since people are so big on "eco-friendly" stuff, it would also be less wasteful, as instead of having to keep making new pairs, you just have a screen that can be used as many times as you need it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Probably because the material would have to be right up against eye, or as close as possible for the best results... like which would work better, actually looking through prescription glasses to see, or watching a TV or a movie with a screen made from your prescription?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered, after all he's gone through in life, especially childhood, how it is that George Costanza never turned out to be a pathological, psychopathic serial killer?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ok, what is with this mustache fad? I don't get it :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ok, what is with this mustache fad? I don't get it :confused:
I didn't know there was a fad going on with mustaches right now...

I had a mustache for half a year last year, I rully liked it, and I had grown it for two reasons...

1) I always wanted to grow a mustache... I don't know why, I just did.
2) It helped because I have this curse of being a "baby face", I don't like people assuming I'm much younger than I am because I have a baby face.

I also eventually grew a goatee for a few months or so, I kind of liked it too, but in recent months, I got rid of both of them and am clean-shaven again.

I guess it's like what's with girls and bangs? Personally, I'm not a fan of long bangs, it's kind of a shifty look (like in those old speak-easies where the good guys wore their hats back, while the bad guys wore them low so the brims would make shadows around their eyes and such), plus, I liked to be able to see some forehead.