The "Have You Ever Wondered..." Thread

Misskermie

Reaction score
Oh. hey, Spare Me, I get B-'s in Social Studies! LOL!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
2. I really don't know, but I'd have to say that the feeling in our stomach causes us to make our voices so high, that we can't hear it.

Or something like that.
I would think it has to do more with your diaphragm and not being able to expel air because your muscles tense up. But then again, I'm a biology major who has no idea what she's talking about (that's not sarcasm...I learned nothing in biology :stick_out_tongue:)

Misskermie

Reaction score
I would think it has to do more with your diaphragm and not being able to expel air because your muscles tense up. But then again, I'm a biology major who has no idea what she's talking about (that's not sarcasm...I learned nothing in biology :stick_out_tongue:)
I refused to learn in biology! (Frog Disection, Duh!)

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Well Independence Day is always July 4th because that's the date the Declaration of Independence was signed. :smile:
Actually, no...that's the day it was first read aloud in public in Philly. It was signed on the 2nd. John Adams predicted our nation would forever celebrate the 2nd of July!

And Halloween IS All Hallow's Eve. Same day/night.

Don't even get me started on the dates for religious holidays and Saturnalia, people...
----------------

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Actually, no...that's the day it was first read aloud in public in Philly. It was signed on the 2nd. John Adams predicted our nation would forever celebrate the 2nd of July!
Ack, you're right, I stand corrected. :smile:

Don't even get me started on the dates for religious holidays
Yeah that's a very long and complicated history, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered if the term "timeless" is ever taken out of context when used to refer to something? Like when a movie or a television series uses the term "timeless" to describe it, in what sense of the word is it being used for? It seems like the most common "definition" of using the term "timeless" in such a manner is that it's something that is beloved by audiences from generation to generation, that people seem to never get tired of, or wants it to go away. However, there seems to be another way of using the term "timeless" by some filmmakers and such, like John Hughes regarding Home Alone, in saying he wanted the film to be "timeless" in that, no matter how many years from when it was made, it would never look "dated" and always feel like it takes place in the present day, no matter what year you watch it in, and I'm sure a number of other filmmakers have tried to take that approach.

Misskermie

Reaction score
I suppose timeless means that no matter what time period it is watched in, all generations will like it, and it isn't from a specific time period, because of that reson. Like, it isn't classified as 80's or something.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's something I've been wondering about: just about every house in the real world has blinds in the windows, but you hardly see any houses on TV or in movies with blinds in the windows, just strictly curtains... why is that?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Here's something I've been wondering about: just about every house in the real world has blinds in the windows, but you hardly see any houses on TV or in movies with blinds in the windows, just strictly curtains... why is that?
It's more difficult to go through the trouble of fitting the blinds to the windows?