The "Have You Ever Wondered..." Thread

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
dust is clumped together dead skin cells. Abandoned buildings are full of it because the dead skin cells that are constantly floating around in the air has had time to settle, and is not being picked up and swirled around by the motion of people walking.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Dust comes from China on global winds and is saturated with toxic chemicals.

Oh, you mean dust in general...not Tucson dust...sorry...
--------------

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered why it seems like Seinfeld is the only show that isn't shown in a particular order in reruns? Anytime you have a show in reruns where they air the episodes back-to-back (or even multiple episodes in a row), they're always shown in order, but with Seinfeld, when you have back-to-back reruns, one episode is always like from an earlier season, and the next is from a later season, or vice-versa... with the exception of the two-parters, where in that case, both parts will be played during the slots, but still, it's always struck me as curious.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
Ok freaky... as I'm reading the above post, an episode of Seinfeld is just starting.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
TBS has been playing Seinfeld everyday at 7:00 and 7:30 for years, and one of my local channels plays back-to-back episodes at 6:00 and 6:30, and in both cases, it's the same story: the first episode will be from one season, the next from another, rather than two back-to-back episodes in chronological order, and Seinfeld's the only show I know that airs its reruns like that.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
There's a network that does that with Friends reruns, in the late-night time slot. I think it's Fox? But as far as I've seen, it's just that one network.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm beginning to wonder if candy-making companies are getting bored or something, because there's certainly a lot of, "We've had it!" advertising ploys going on... first, the M&Ms characters split up (which I guess didn't work, because nothing more came out of that); then more recently Mike and Ike split up, so now the boxes have either one or the other name scribbled out and "Just" scribbled atop the name left alone; NOW apparently the inventors of Twix had a "falling out", so now the stuff is being made into two different ways (that are exactly the same) and you have to decide which is the best.

Come to think of it, I think Snapple (**** YOU FOR RUINING MY APPLE SNAPPLE!!!) did something similar recently with one of their teas.

Vincent L

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered how they played Oompa Loompas and Munchkins back in the days of not-too-good computer animation?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered how they played Oompa Loompas and Munchkins back in the days of not-too-good computer animation?
Well the Wizard of Oz was in the days of virtually zero computer animation, lol.