The Great Muppet Caper

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
And I'm sure you all knew that was Muppet builder (and now Disney Imagineer) Amy Van Gilder sitting next to Jim Henson in the Dubonnet Club, right?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for coming here and answering some of our long-standing TGMC questions Mr. Quinn.
Um... Is it correctly written as "Dubonnet Club"? Thought it was "Dubonne".
And would you be the right person to finally get some closure regarding the names of the models simply listed in the credits as First-Fourth Model?
Hope to hear from you soon, have a great weekend.

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Oh you are welcome. TGMC was a special time for me and I have many fond memories. I'll check on the club name.. I may be wrong.... 26 years can do things to your brain!

All I have for models is:
Erica Creer ... Marla
Kate Howard ... Carla
Della Finch ... Darla

If there's anyone else, they would have just been unnamed extras.

Keep those questions coming....

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, that is the right spelling for the club. Or at least, it's certainly how I would spell/pronounce it...and it is in England...and I am English...

Not that this makes any difference to the spelling, however, I am pretty sure that it is spelt "Dubonnet Club" and yet pronounced "Dubonne."

Beau

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK Bo... Will make the changes.

Thanks for the info Mr. Quinn.
The four models I'm refering to were the ones portrayed by Katia Borg, Valli Kemp, Michelle Ivan-Zeddah, and Chi Lee.
There was a scene where Lady Holiday was criticizing the girls' appearances before the preview of the fashion line... And I heard her call two of them Beverly and Marie. Asking which of those would have been portrayed by the four actresses I named in this post, unable to match up the onscreen shots with photos of said actresses due to my degree of blindness.

That's pretty much why I ask these questions, also to update/maintain my impressive Muppet Listings (not sure if you've browsed through it's length in the fifteenth version, working on #16).
Thanks for your help, hope you still have a great weekend.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
My favorite moments, in no particular chronological order:

-All the night scenes with the whole gang driving around London on the hotel bus.
-The bicycle scene.
-Richard Hunt and Kathy Mullen as the hacked-off cab driver and the wilted-looking passenger. (These days, whenever we watch the Muppet films, we like to play 'Spot the Muppeteer.')
-The nighttime raid on the Mallory Gallery.
-The big Happiness Hotel number.
-The closing credits with the gang floating down on parachutes.

My favorite scenes are pretty much those with all the Muppets in them.

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Muppet Newsgirl said:
My favorite moments, in no particular chronological order:

-All the night scenes with the whole gang driving around London on the hotel bus.
-The bicycle scene.
-Richard Hunt and Kathy Mullen as the hacked-off cab driver and the wilted-looking passenger. (These days, whenever we watch the Muppet films, we like to play 'Spot the Muppeteer.')
-The nighttime raid on the Mallory Gallery.
-The big Happiness Hotel number.
-The closing credits with the gang floating down on parachutes.

My favorite scenes are pretty much those with all the Muppets in them.
Did ya spot Frank Oz in this movie?...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Mike Quinn said:
Did ya spot Frank Oz in this movie?...
Yeah, he's in the bacground in the newsroom, wearing a wig, when Gonzo yells, "Stop the presses!!!"

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
I recall asking Steve Whitmire what happened to Lips, probably when we were doing Muppets Wizard of Oz. As I recall he said that he was officially retired from the gang - probably because they didn't know what to do with him. Same for Beauregard, although I must say I miss him. I'd like to see him return. Anyone else?