The Great Muppet Caper

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So uh... Would you be the right person to ask about who Beverly and Marie were in that scene where Lady Holiday's chiding Nicky's girls?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
The Count said:
So uh... Would you be the right person to ask about who Beverly and Marie were in that scene where Lady Holiday's chiding Nicky's girls?
Um, maybe. Marie is the model who is chewing gum that Lady Holiday chastises in the dressing room just before the fashion show. Hmm--let me try that again.

In the dressing room, before the fashion show begins and everything is all a-flutter, a model walks by Lady Holiday and Lady Holiday says, "I don't think we should be chewing gum, Marie." Marie looks maybe a little chastised, and takes the gum out. I'll look for Beverly tomorrow, um, today--yeah, later today. Must...find...bed...go...to...sleep.....

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Beverly is the other model from around that same point, I believe Lady Holiday criticizes her for plucking her eyebrows...
But the real question I have...

Of the following, who portrayed Marie?
Katia Borg.
Valli Kemp.
Michelle Ivan-Zeddah.
Chi Lee.

And of those four actresses, which one portrayed Beverly, if you can find her?

Thanks for your expert help Catherine, oh and I sent you some PM mail also.
Hope you're able to sleep well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Princeton said:
Thank you, Leyla, for reminding me of yet another thing I hated about this movie. For reasons totally unforeseen by me, my dad loves the whole John Cleese sequence. As if it's not bad enough that you (thankfully) don't see these characters again, they're so friggin' boring! I don't wanna see a dysfunctional couple forcing their way through a boring meal. You know, Frank Oz directed that scene. Normally I like Frank Oz's directing, but this is definitely the lamest scene he directed (number two being Bill Murray's scene in LSoH).
How do you know that Frank Oz directed that scene?

P

Princeton

minor muppetz said:
How do you know that Frank Oz directed that scene?
I don't remember where I heard it, but I did hear it somewhere.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Um....that scene was actually there forthe British, who happen to find it the number one most hilarious and quotable scene in the movie...

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
superboober said:
I always wondered where they landed after the end credits finished. With their luck they probably landed well short of North America and had to swim to shore.
They built replica foam Muppets and actually threw them out of a plane for the wide shots. Most of them landed in farmer's fields over Hatfield, England!!! :big_grin: I''m niot sure if they ever actually found them all - ha haaa!!!

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
I figured I would open a thread to discuss GMC.

Someone I would love LOVE to hear from is the person who wore the Miss Piggy costume when she dives into the pool! Is it the same person who drives the motorcycle?

I think that this is my second favorite Muppet film of all time (obviously The Muppet Movie is my fave). I think the story is just so awesome and the songs are great, the photography is awesome--better than any of the other movies--and the jokes are wonderful, too.

I remember, and probably still have somewhere, a comic book adaptation of the movie and I know I used to have a board game, a 3-D board game. That was fun! Anybody else remember this stuff?
Well let's see here... as I remember, they had different sizes of Miss Piggy masks. The one that dove into the pool was a young girl. I think her foam head got all waterlogged and caused her a few problems during shooting.

The one walking off over the cobblestones with the church bells in the background was Kiran Shah of Narnia fame.

The motorcycle piggy was stunt man Colin Skeaping.

So there! Three different performers.

Mike Quinn

Reaction score
By the way trivia fans....
Remember when Gonzo looks out the hotel room window at the pidgeons? Well those pidgeon sounds were actually added in post by Louise Gold and Kathy Mullen!
You learn something new every day huh?