1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

The Complete History of Mahna Mahna and his alter ego Bip Bipadotta

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by scarecroe, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Fozzie Bear Moderator

If you say so...

:zany:
  2. Super Scooter New Member

It's popcorn!

Gesamte Crunch Zeit

Gründer

Popcorn units.

Weird!
  3. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Someone please re-verify this info for me.

Tom? Dave Ebersole?

I was shown 11/20/1969 for Mahna's date there, and I get two other dates:
    Phillip Chapman says 1968, and on SS in 1969
    MikeAlan shows it on SS in 1969
    Danny Horn (TP) shows it in 1970

The Muppet Show date is listed as:
    The date listed at Kermitage.com is Apr. 25, 1977.
    Phil said he was on the Muppet Show in 1976.

Henson.com shows the date created as the 1960's.

What's the correct date for the Ed Sullivan appearance for SURE??

Also, I'm doing research on Mahna Mahna, and I found this website:
    http://supi.hoc-media.de/5.html

So, what does all this stuff translate into? Anything I can use regarding OUR Mahna Mahna??
    "Letzte Aktualisierung: 10 April 2003 um 14:47:24"
  4. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Did you flip out? Or are you for real??:confused:
  5. Super Scooter New Member

Re: Someone please re-verify this info for me.

I just flipped out and killed everybody on my block.

The 1960's is the correct date.:)
  6. Super Scooter New Member

Actually, I think the site is about popcorn. It has one thing that says "Popcorn Units", and the background is of flying popcorn.

Mahna Mahna means "popping corn" in another language!!!:) :p :) :p
  7. Fozzie Bear Moderator

8. Beakie New Member

They spelled it Manah-Manah! Gasp!

The other night I had a nightmare about that brown-haired character, seriously. I dreamed I was on a bus, looking out a window, and saw a bunch of tv screens with Kermit on them (singing a song from Labyrinth, oddly enough) except one of the tv screens had Evil Brown-Haired Guy who was laughing evilly, and flew out of the screen towards me.. very terrifying.. luckily then I was suddenly somewhere else and he was gone, but he reappeared again later (it was a really long dream) but that time he was chained to a tree with a bunch of other random scary-looking Muppets as I was floating past in a flying boat. And no, I don't usually dream about Muppets.
  9. Fozzie Bear Moderator

I wrote the article and sent it to Scott to tweak. I make mention about the different spellings of Mahna-Mahna (the character and the song).

It was an interesting article after compiling all the information together!
  10. Fozzie Bear Moderator

By the way, my green fur came in today. They didn't have Kelly Green, so I settled for Emerald Green.

My Mahna is about to be completed!!

FOZ
  11. Fozzie Bear Moderator

My Mahna-Mahna is completed!!!! :)
  12. Barry Lee Active Member

can we see it NOW?
  13. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Just as soon as I get photos taken of it. I hope soon!! I don't have a means to put it online is the next problem. I'll ask Scott or Jamie.
  14. Frodis Member

I've been on a mission to find the "Some of Us are Here" segment for years. I ran across a few tape traders that had it, but was never able to procure a copy. That's gotta be my favorite bit ever on Sesame Street. I'm surprised no one else has mentioned it. I also remember seeing Grover running around in the crowd of muppets during the segment.

If anyone does have this, please e-mail me. I have other cool SS stuff on tape (non-Unpaved stuff) to trade.

Frodis
  15. MIKEB97 New Member

If anyone does have this, please e-mail me. I have other cool SS stuff on tape (non-Unpaved stuff) to trade.

Frodis[/QUOTE]

Hey Frodis, Would you mind sending me an e-mail of stuff that you have? I may be interested in them.Feel free to e-mail me at sourfish69@hotmail.com.
  16. ssetta Active Member

What type of stuff do you have? Like old shows that were never on Unpaved?
  17. Frodis Member

I have a 45 minute compilation that I made of a bunch of older clips that I happened to tape over the years from tv, as well as a tape I recently discovered of 3 1/2 full shows from 1987 (non unpaved) with a bunch of cool stuff on them.

I'd be willing to trade this stuff for the Mahna Mahna/Bip Bipodotta "Some of Us are Here" segment or any other old stuff that wasn't on Unpaved.

Frodis
  18. Fozzie Bear Moderator

Any idea what year the "Some of us are here" segment aired? What happened in the segment?
  19. Super Scooter New Member

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day, and he mentioned that, last year after one of the Journey to Ernie segments, they played the clip where the two puppets are sitting there going: "Fat." "Cat" "Mat." Bat." and then the "Mahna Mahna" character pops up and starts singing really fast, high energy: "A fat cat sat on a mat with a bat..." on and on. Do any of you remember this? Do you think it'll be on sometime this year?
  20. Fozzie Bear Moderator

That's the aforementioned Fat Cat Scat. The lyrics and photos appear in the book Sesame Street Unpaved. It was a really cool segment!!

FOZ