The Complete History of Mahna Mahna and his alter ego Bip Bipadotta

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So did the Genie of the Toothpaste actually appear on an episode of Sesame Street? And please, if you can, answer my questions from my previous post. And many happy felicitations on this, my belated birthday wishes to you! For yours is only one day before my own mom's birthday. So live it up cause it only comes once a year, but un-birthdays on the other hand are a Jamboree every day!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
The Genie of the Toothpaste Tube looks like the original brown haired guy who sang Mahna Mahna. The Mahna Mahna that I claim to be the real one is fuscia toned fleece and orange hair (favoring more like the Juliet Prowse TMS ep). The ones that look like that on SS I would claim to be Mahna Mahna in some form or fashion.

I just wonder what the deal is with the continuity of the character, why he changed so much?

FOZ

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by The Count
So did the Genie of the Toothpaste actually appear on an episode of Sesame Street? And please, if you can, answer my questions from my previous post. And many happy felicitations on this, my belated birthday wishes to you! For yours is only one day before my own mom's birthday. So live it up cause it only comes once a year, but un-birthdays on the other hand are a Jamboree every day!
As for the Birthday thing, are you talking to me, or to someone else, since It is my Unbirthday too (mine was the 27th!)

The Genie DID appear on the show, as it says in the Sesame Unpaved book.

Cookie was brushing his teeth behind the brick wall (why, I dunno), and a Genie appears as he squeezes it. The Genie (looks the same) gives Cookie 3 wishes. Cookie wants Cookies, but he wants to drive them home in a big truck. Making things short, Cookie uses all his wishes, because the Geine louses up the size of the truck, giving him 2 toys and an actual pick up truck... since he has no cookies, he eats the truck...

The Genie reappered in the Aladdin skit (seen on tough pigs) and also last season as David Allen Grier plaied Aladin, and the Genie whent for a holiday.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Yep, Scott, that's the guy I'm talking about. Didn't know that was an actual sketch on the show, though. Thanks, guys!

Every other version of this character seems to make sense, except for that one creepy guy from Sesame Street. He's just way out of left field.

In other words, three (or more) of these Mahna Mahnas belong together, one of these Mahna Mahnas is not the same.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Drtooth, yes, I was indeed refering to your birthday on April 27, of this year in my previous post when I was effusively wishing you a Happy Birthday! So, the Genie of the Toothpaste did appear in a Sesame Street segment similar to the story in the 1-2-3 Storybook. Thanks, though I still haven't seen the episode with DAG.
Now then, please answer these few questions.
1 Did the Oinker Sisters who appeared as backup singers for Bip Bippadotta in the song "Everybody's Song" look different from the Oinker Sisters who sang "I've Got a New Way to Walk"?
2 If so, please provide textual descriptions of both sets of Oinker Sisters so as to establish how both sets were or are different from each other.
Thanks for your helpa nd have a good day.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Drtooth, yes, I was indeed refering to your birthday on April 27, of this year in my previous post when I was effusively wishing you a Happy Birthday! So, the Genie of the Toothpaste did appear in a Sesame Street segment similar to the story in the 1-2-3 Storybook. Thanks, though I still haven't seen the episode with DAG.
Now then, please answer these few questions.
1 Did the Oinker Sisters who appeared as backup singers for Bip Bippadotta in the song "Everybody's Song" look different from the Oinker Sisters who sang "I've Got a New Way to Walk"?
2 If so, please provide textual descriptions of both sets of Oinker Sisters so as to establish how both sets were or are different from each other.
Thanks for your helpa nd have a good day.
Thanks, man!!! I didn't really have much of a party.. my parents took me to dinner... that was about it.

anyway, the Oinker Sisters appearing in Everybody's song is a little fuzzy... they appeared as Pig muppets (like real pigs, not pink AM's like the three little pigs) and they are even on all fours, as they do now. What I want to say is that they had black bouffoant hairstyles (like a beehive style.. piled up) and in New way to walk, they appeared in 80's style clothing, spikey hair, sort of like that. I can't provide a vivid description (sorry) because I am quite Hazy on this. I do know on Elmo's World and "Sing" with Nathan Lane they appeared with black beehive hairdos and in green dresses... pardon my hazy memory!

MuppetDude

Reaction score
OK, then... This question goes out to ssetta, Phillip Chapman, or any other forum member who can help out.

Do the Oinker Sisters that appear as back-up singers for Bip Bippadotta in the song "Everybody's Song" appear to be visually different than the Oinker Sisters who performed "I've Got A New Way To Walk"? If so, how do both sets of Oinker Sisters differ? Please provide a textual description of the Oinker Sisters as they appeared in both song/sketches to make sure that these are two different sets of puppets used as the Oinker Sisters. Just asking if anyone can help me out with this, cause it might lead to confirming the Ambrooze/Androoze Sisters as completely different characters than the Oinker Sisters themselves. Thanks for your help and please post your replies fright here. Have a good night.
Yep. I assume that the Androoze Sisters are different than the Oinker Sisters. The Androoze Sisters that sing "Everybody's Song" are the same basic pig puppets used on the SS (flesh-tone with four hooves) and differ from the Oinker Sisters in that they have no clothing but have curly perms and silver bows in their hair. They both do sound like they have the same voices.

1. One appears to be the biggest and has curly black hair.
2. Another one is thinner and slightly bulgier eyes (with eyelids) and has blond curly hair.
3. The third has dark brown curly hair.

The Oinker Sisters are dressed like punk rockers, the lead singer with pink hair (and a mole!), another with orange, and the third with yellow. They refined them over time to fit in with other songs (as in the "Boogie Woogie Piggies" song, where they dressed as "farmgirls"). Nowadays, though, they wear green dresses and black "foam" hair (foam carved in the shape of hair), one with a beehive 'do. I don't know how to describe the others.

I hope that this helps you with your list. :smile: Have a great day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Drtooth and MuppetDude, thanks for your valued assistance. So Drtooth, and any other forum member who'd care to comment on this, in your professional opinions does MuppetDude's descriptions of both sets of characters hold true? If so, does this merit sufficient cause to keep the Oinker Sisters and the Ambrooze Sisters listed as two separate and distinct entires in my master Muppet Listings? And if so, then is the name correct spelled or writen on the record label as "Ambrooze" or "Androoze" Sisters? Please answer these questions ASAP because inquiring minds want to know! Thanks for your help with this matter and have a good dday.

mikealan

Reaction score
:smile:

I have the famous original Sesame Street Mahna Mahna version from 1969 on tape. It's on the episode where the SS cast gets ready for the rainstorm. I know that the pirate-like Mahna Mahna's name is really Mahna Mahna. He changes into the early Bip Boppidata with eyes that sings "Fat Cat" and now changes into the one with sunglasses.