The Complete History of Mahna Mahna and his alter ego Bip Bipadotta

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe
Henson.com says he also appeared in the Sandra Bullock episode of Muppets Tonight, but I've only seen the clips with the Snowths, Kermit and Sandra.
I can't remember him in that either.
You forgot Doglion, he appears in the end of it.

scarecroe

Reaction score
Re: Guys,

Originally posted by Warrick
from The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years ....couldnt find the original Puppet, So they rebuilt him and made him very large.
Oh yeah, he is bigger isn't he?

http://muppets.scarecroe.com/mahna/mahna_celebrate30.jpg

I don't think they used the same puppet for The Muppet Show Live though because he wasn't this big. They either found the original or rebuilt it (with sloppy eye stitching :stick_out_tongue:)

sweet201

Reaction score
Fozzie, if you made a Roosevelt Franklin, you would totally be my new idol. I love him!!! There was a vintage rubber RF puppet on eBay who just ended today. A real Roosevelt would be so awesome!!

And Splurge - I agree. I love Mahna Mahna, but my 1 1/2 year old son is scared to death of him in *any* of his incarnations. When he sees that muppet, he runs for mommy every time. :eek:

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Bip Bipadotta sang a song called "Opposites" in the mid to late 1980's. He was in a black backround running up and down a staircase, He yelled, "LOUD!" When a trumpeter and a Drum player played and whispered, "Soft." When all was quiet. He also hollered, "NEAR! FAR!"

In 1987, Bip sang a song about two monsters trying to scrath each other's backs and he ended up scratching both their backs.

Ol' Pupil eyes(Fat cat) Sang "Everybody's Song" with the oinkersisters in 1979. There was another song he sang called "Some of Us are Here" with cameos of Herry, Praire, Cookie Monster, Frazzle and Guy Smiley.

Remember?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thought that Bip Bippadotta sang Everybody's Song with the Androoze Sisters. Were those the backup singers names? Or were they really the Oinker Sisters? Reason I ask is cause I remember that someone here posted that the record credits the song to Bip and the Androoze Sisters. Please provide the correct answer to the best of your knowledge, if possible. Thanks for the help and have a good day.

MIKEB97

Reaction score
Actually, I think you're right.:cool: I wonder if Bip Bipadotta was Mahna Mahna's brother:smirk:?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by scarecroe

Henson.com says he also appeared in the Sandra Bullock episode of Muppets Tonight, but I've only seen the clips with the Snowths, Kermit and Sandra.
Yes. Mahna Mahna appeared on that episode. I think the one from Muppet Show Live was probably the one that appeared there. He performed "Phenomenon," which is "Mahna Mahna" with different words.

Phenomenon.
Doo doo doo doo.
Phenomenon!
Doo doo doo doo.
Phenomenon.
Doo doo doo doo doo
Doo doo doo
Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo!

ssetta

Reaction score
Okay this is really complicated.

The song "Everybody's Song" was on an album called Everybody's Record, which was done in 1979. It was sung by Bip Bippadotta and the Ambrooze Sisters. But apparently, it was never done on the show until 1984, and they were called the Oinker Sisters. But it is the exact same recording.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification, ssetta. Now can you please answer this one? We know that there's a clear difference between both Mahna Mahna and Bip Bippadotta, and that there are existing Muppet versions of both characters. By that, I mean that there's an actual puppet that is named Mahna Mahna and a second puppet who's named Bip Bippadotta. But are there actually existing Muppets of both the Oinker Sisters and the Ambrooze Sisters? I mean, are there one set of puppets which are used for the Oinker Sisters and a second set of puppets used for the Ambrooze Sisters? Or if the same puppets are used for both characters, are there any differences when they're used as the Oinker Sisters and the Ambrooze Sisters? What are these differences, if any exist? Or do the Ambrooze Sisters exist only in name on the 1979 record? And is "Ambrooze" their correctly spelled name, not "Androoze"? Sorry for the rush of questions sent your way, but I just want to make sure that both characters exist to give them full credit amongst my Muppet Listings. Please answer these to the best of your knowledge when you get the chance. Thanks for your help and have a good day.

ssetta

Reaction score
I don't ever recall the Ambrooze Sisters being on the show. There was a lot of stuff on those old records that was never on the show.