The Complete History of Mahna Mahna and his alter ego Bip Bipadotta

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that's true...
But you've also got a one-of-a-kind, homemade full-bodied puppet version of Mahna Mahna that you've lovingly created yourself. You could include that in the article as well, if for only purely comparative reasons. Hope this article works for both of you guys, have a good day, and I applaud the honor conferred upon you to make this article happen if it does at all!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Scott,

I think it'd be cool to have it at both places!! I'm sure there is a way to variate the way it's written to make it exclusive to both sites, eh?

So, it looks like you're all for it which, in that case, I'm all for it, so, in the words of the mysterisously wise Dr. Teeth:

"Ain't nothin' to it but to do it!"

I'll work on editing some of this stuff here, submit it to you to add to or whatever, we'll work up a draft and plan and get this show on the road.

So, now, back to post one. Oh, look who it is! My friend, the Scarecroe.

"How do you do?"
:wink:
Count, I didn't consider doing it full bodied, but with legs you think? Hmm...I'll think about it. I'll have to check at Palisades' site because I have no other resources to see his legs and feetses.

FOZ

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, thanks for the update, Kev. Just assumed that your homemade version would be a puppet of Mahna Mahna with all its extremities, but you can go ahead and make it as you feel best. Perhaps it might look cooler with legs and feet, but again proceed as you feel most comfortable since it is after all your own personal project. Hope this helps and have a good day.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Phillip Chapman
You'll notice that the Sesame/Muppet crossovers happened much more frequently while Jim was alive (for obvious reasons). Since his death though, rarely have Sesame and Muppet characters mixed outside of Kermit.
Mayhaps there will be more, since Henson owns Henson...

We can only hope...

Kermit back on Sesame street... we need it!

scarecroe

Reaction score
I've long had my eye on this one hoping to pick it up someday, but I've never heard it. I do have about 20 different versions of the song as covered by others though.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I'm going to order this one then and I'll copy it for you if you can drop the other 20 you got onto CD for me?

I have about 20 versions of "Ghost Riders In The Sky" on CD that one of my friends made me!

BTW: I think I may have found the green fur needed to complete the puppet!! YAY!! $12/yard isn't bad!!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fozzie Bear

BTW: I think I may have found the green fur needed to complete the puppet!! YAY!! $12/yard isn't bad!!
Great! Where'd you find it?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Just someone who had some.

Really, it's a company but they said they didn't want to be inundated with calls about fur, but they were making an exception for little old me because they liked the other puppets I had done.

I don't want to lose out on my possibility of getting more fur in the future, but if I can get it for you indirectly if you need some, I'll try to help.

FOZ

Beakie

Reaction score
I seem to remember the "Give Me Lots Of Air" version of Mahna/Bip singing Mahna Mahna on Sesame Street in the late 80's or early 90's, with a black background like the Opposites song, and with backup singers who looked a lot like him, only with different-colored hair. Or maybe I'm just crazy... :confused: I'm pretty sure he did a few different songs with that black background though, but I don't remember what they were...

And that brown-haired version of him is one of the scariest things I have ever seen. :eek: