The 2004 Oscars

Beebers

Reaction score
I know, that was a total treat. Credit to zee unsung film editors on that one.

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Erine81981

Reaction score
Billy Crystel is FUnny. Loved the Opening! LOVED IT!!!!

Party_Animal

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
not to be rude, but was it me or did peter jackson look like he just threw his tux on really quick. he looked like a slob that sort of just walked on in the kodak theater....and what was up with that tie. he could have had it all the way up....jackson, dude, you're in front of the camera to millions of people around the world. fix those clothes man!.......

ryan
Peter Jackson does have a unique style like his trademark shorts and no shoes. :smile: I personally think his individuality think is cool. :cool: But as for the Oscars I think people concentrate way to much on what people are wearing. It's supposed to be a night to award the achievements of the film makers so what they're wearing shouldn't matter. But that is just my oppion.

Beebers

Reaction score
It's an event to dress for, in my view. I thought Jackson looked fine, as I said earlier I think he did his best. There are things in life which should be dressed for, and the Academy Awards, I feel, are among those things.

:cool:

lili

Reaction score
as a south pacific region comrade of peter jackson's, i support his complete lack of personal grooming. yay for him!

and anyway, i thought it was a pretty shocking night for frocks all round... too many flesh coloured dresses with drab blonde hair, so hair, frock and skin were all the same colour... yuck. and WHAT WAS UP WITH UMA THURMAN'S FROCK??? she looked like a goatherd gone horribly horribly wrong.

my friends and i have our own oscar's night (called the smoshkas) where we watch the broadcast, and dress up as a character from the year's films (i went as lara croft), and have a quiz, and vote for our own awards, the smoshkas. such as

The Blockbuster Award (because it really should have gone straight to video) went to Dumb and Dumberer

The Alan Smithee Directorial Achievement Award (they really shouldn't have put their own name on it) went to Ang Lee for the Hulk.

The Goldie Hawn Best Augmented Facial or Follicle Feature Award went to Johnny Depp's eyeliner in POTC

The Save an African Nation Film of the Year (not worth a peanut, but the budget could have fed millions) went to the Matrixes Rehashed.

and many others! hurrah for oscar!

Whatever

Reaction score
I may be the only person in the universe who didn't watch the Oscars... and I'm proud of it. :smile:

Klonoa

Reaction score
Don't worry. I didn't watch the Oscars either. It's always about movies I never watch anyway. I did see the Lord of the Rings movies, but I could never tell the difference from one movie to the next. They're all just really long movies with elves and stuff in them.

I'll make my own movie awards. I guess I'll call it 'the Carys'

Best Picture: Finding Nemo
Second Best Picture: Pirates of the Carribbean
Third Best Picture: The Last of the Lord of the Rings Movies
Worst Picture: The Hulk
Best Chick Flick: Sea Biscuit (even I could tolerate it)

And that's all! Gee, I don't watch very many movies, do I?

--Klonoa

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
hey, did any of you guys check out bill murrary after sean penn was called to grab the best actor award. bill had this look on his face that made him really upset. he also said that he isn't interested in award shows, but really looked upset when sean penn's name was called out and the camera then focused on bill's reaction.

i don't know if it was a joke, but billy crystal even said bill, don't go. now i don't know if crystal was joking or if he was being serious.

did any of you guys notices this from sunday? i sure did....

ryan

Beebers

Reaction score
Yes, and it was mentioned by somebody, Leno, someone on the air next day, I can't remember who it was. So, it was noticed.

:cool: