The 2004 Oscars

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Beebers said:
The only Sheer Raging Irritant of the night for me was Renee Zellweger, who drives me around the bend anyway. Here she is, what, 36, 39 years old, whatever she is, and she always talks in her LITTLE TEENY CHILD'S VOICE and all that squinting, and thanking her therapists and whatnot all night long. Gads, she makes me crazy. I find her unwatchable both in roles and in actual life, she makes me want to hurl sharp objects. Or just plain hurl.
I missed the part where she got her Oscar so I didn't see too much of her, but I'm afraid I've got to agree with you. Renee Zellweger grates on me too. I think maybe it's the squinting more than anything else. Whatever it is, I've never really enjoyed any of her movie roles...
Erin

Beebers

Reaction score
I hear she has a thing for clown shoes . . .

:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

Beebers

Reaction score
My favorite dress of zee night was Jennifer Garner's orange/tangerine thing.

:cool:

GonzoGirl

Reaction score
Yeah, Jennifer Garner's dress was so gorgeous...I like Katherine Zeta-Jones's dress alot, too...the color and style looked fabulous on her.

RubberDucky

Reaction score
Anyone know what was with the tall blonde who was always in the background on stage clapping or handing people things? I think there was one other super model-esque chick up there too. They reminded me of the girls who strut in the middle of boxing rings holding up those cards. :stick_out_tongue:

Beebers

Reaction score
They're always there for awards shows, to hand things, guide people, take their elbow so they don't fall off their shoes, generally be useful. Kevin Costner's daughter just did it for, I can't remember, one of the recent awards shows, Golden Globes I think. Usually unknown models and/or aspiring actresses are used.

:cool:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I just now watched the opening of the Oscars that I missed before. What a hoot! :smile:
Erin