The “What did you do today?” thread

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Even though I drink milk all the time, and have been for years, lately, it's been tasting funky to me for some reason, like it's always spoiled or something... and apparently, I'm the only one who tastes it, no one else seems to think so; so I tried to see if I could find some kind of explanation as to why this is the way it is, and I found out what a major cause of this is.

Apparently I'm pregnant.

I just wish I knew who the mother is.
I've actually experienced that phenomenon my whole life (thinking milk tasted wrong when no one else did). ::shrugs::

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The thing about milk is that it varies from dairy to dairy, and from source to source. Grocery store milk usually tastes pretty awfully, especially their skim (which I usually) drink, however, I've found that convenient store milk tends to taste better, especially if the chain gets their milk directly from farms. There's a chain of convenient stores East Tennessee called Weigel's (think Circle K, only with a W) that's actually operated by farm, so the milk on their shelves comes straight from the Weigel's dairy farm.

My mom has gotten addicted to a VERY local (as in only in this town) little farm that sells their milk at a rinky-dinky little farmer's market in the city, because the girls who run the farm do very little to their milk from the time they milk the cows to the time it's delivered to the store... heck, when you buy a gallon of their milk, cream floats up to the top. I blame that milk as a contributing factor as to how I blew back up (took me SEVEN YEARS to drop ONE size, and now my clothes are fitting tightly again).

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I've found that convenient store milk tends to taste better, especially if the chain gets their milk directly from farms. There's a chain of convenient stores East Tennessee called Weigel's (think Circle K, only with a W) that's actually operated by farm, so the milk on their shelves comes straight from the Weigel's dairy farm.
That's cool, you're lucky to live in that kind of area.

heck, when you buy a gallon of their milk, cream floats up to the top. I blame that milk as a contributing factor as to how I blew back up (took me SEVEN YEARS to drop ONE size, and now my clothes are fitting tightly again).
Heh, yeah I hear you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Geeyosh...

And I thought it took forever to upload vids to YouTube, it takes longer than forever to upload a video file to Dropbox. :stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Am I missing out on something? Because it seems like all the national news today is all, "Ohmigod! It's the first snow of the season! What in God's name did we do to deserve this?! Look at this! Cars are slipping all over the road! Salt trucks are crashing into each other! Whyyyyyyyyyyy?! We're doomed!"

What snow?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Saw ELF THE MUSICAL... it was... interesting... obviously, it wasn't exactly the same as the movie... matter of fact, it was considerably more adult than the movie. But one thing I did like was that they actually gave Jovie a backstory as to why she was such a humbug when Buddy meets her.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know what I'm thinking of doing? Taking myself off the grid till March... that way, I don't have to put up with people whining about wanting it to be summer even though winter JUST started.

Of course, that means come June, the rest of you will probably need to take yourselves off the grid till September while I whine about it wanting to be winter. :stick_out_tongue:

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
You know what I am doing? Instead of whining that I want snow and pure ice to disappear, I would like to get back to writing. I had been putting it off and I already been distracted by a bunch of sad, serious, and unpleasant stuff that I saw.

Whining should be off my grid for good and I am starting that right now.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
My pinball tournament season has ended, and won't start again until the last Tuesday in January or the first Tuesday in February. At some point in the next few weeks, I will be practicing for the start of my last season as a Champaign county pinball league participant. I will be moving shortly thereafter.