Speculation: Potential Sequel for "The Muppets"

zoebell

Reaction score
also, i have a feeling he will likely still be a producer- which means he'll be in on what they're doing with it

i mean, if he would like them to still be doing quality stuff, the easiest way to do it is to maintain producer status. because the level of involvement of producers vary from film to film- he could easily do his other work and yet still be in on where they're planning to take the muppets in the story and everything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can confirm that this is true.
Well, since you're the one with all the inner connections and everything, then we can rest for sure that if you confirm it's true, then it is true.

BUT... if Jason Segel can't be involved with the writing process this time, seriously, is it going to too much trouble to ask actual Muppet writers, like Jim Lewis or Joey Mazzarino to come up with something? I mean perhaps Joey's too busy with his commitments to SST right now, like Kevin, but what about Jim?

Drtooth

Reaction score
BUT... if Jason Segel can't be involved with the writing process this time, seriously, is it going to too much trouble to ask actual Muppet writers, like Jim Lewis or Joey Mazzarino to come up with something? I mean perhaps Joey's too busy with his commitments to SST right now, like Kevin, but what about Jim?
What is the assumption that they didn't help shape the script of the last movie? Remember, the film was almost about Kermit actually living in a big mansion, Walter was to be a ventriloquist figure, and there were a lot of direct references to them being puppets and made of felt all over the script. But said Muppet Studios employees added their input, and it changed the film into something better. There's no doubt, if nothing else, Jim Lewis would help guide Bobin and Stoller to something that's more in character.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Alright, but then what about Frank? He's been wanting to at least direct a theatrical movie since the "flop" of MFS... is Disney wanting to keep him at bay since he has a tendancy to be rather arrogant, especially since Jim's passing?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Alright, but then what about Frank? He's been wanting to at least direct a theatrical movie since the "flop" of MFS... is Disney wanting to keep him at bay since he has a tendancy to be rather arrogant, especially since Jim's passing?
It's not arrogance when you actually are that talented. :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's also not arrogance if you choose to move on with your career and want to do other things. I too would like to see the master back at work, but that's all up to him. Like I said before, I'm not disappointed with the statement he made regarding the obviously rough draft of the script, I'm more disappointed that he wasn't able to as much as call them up and say "here's where I think you went wrong, and here's where I can help." But then again, he IS busy with other things too. I'd love to see him direct, heck... even write again, but that's only if he wants to.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm more disappointed that he wasn't able to as much as call them up and say "here's where I think you went wrong, and here's where I can help."
But again you're assuming he didn't. Even if he did there's no guarantee he would be listened to.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's also not arrogance if you choose to move on with your career and want to do other things.
I'm not saying that this is all over his own directing career, and doing other things, I know about all of that, I'm just saying if he supposedly has been wanting to direct a theatrical Muppet movie all these years, what exactly is preventing him from doing so? Is it studio politics, like heralde says? Is it really because he's got his own career now? Or is it because other people want to avoid him because of the reports of his arrogance?

I mean, not to start anything against Frank or anything, I admire the man almost as much as I admire Jim, he was Jim's number two go-to guy after all, but I have wondered how well he worked with others... he seems to have worked well with both Jerry's (Nelson and Juhl), and David Rudman has nothing but praise for him, but others have said otherwise, like Caroll and others talking about how doing Cookie Monster bits and such where he would pin down their right hands with his left to prevent them from doing too much action, and of course there were those rumors that have never been confirmed nor denied that he wasn't looking forward to performing Bert alongside Steve's Ernie.