Speculation: Potential Sequel for "The Muppets"

JustinHoskie

Reaction score
Considering the DVD sales are amazing, and hopefully more indicative of the movie's worth than the box office, there would no doubt be a rush of people who are literally banging their heads on the wall for missing out on seeing it theatrically that they'd see the sequel in theaters.
And maybe, Disney will decide to have more Muppet releases, to try and cash in as much as possible. #FingersCrossedForTMSSeason4!

Walter

Reaction score
I like that script idea JustinHoskie!:fanatic:

Either way I would love to see another Muppet movie!! I honestly like the movies in the style of THE MUPPETS and Letters To Santa.. That is, The Muppets in our world dealing with fantastic events that could only happen in theirs..If that makes sense:crazy:.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm personally hoping due to Blu-ray/DVD sales their gonna bring the muppet show back but that's another thread. LOL! But back on topic I hope since I'm a romance freak and Kermie and Piggy are my favorite we see more scenes with them. And I do hope Walter is in it I'm not saying I'd like to see him have as big of a role as this film as I don't really think he needs to but he is a Muppet now so I'm hoping he'll have some of prominent role.

rachel117

Reaction score
Yes, I can also confirm that the speculation of a Muppet sequel/ movie will take place. Through a source, cannot disclose name or company- but will tell you that the company airs a little something called SVU :wink:, got wind of the second Muppet movie being a 'sure-thing' at a board and entertainment meeting. Jason Seigel will not be appearing but will be mentoring the next writing crew. Personally, I hope they 'up-the-anty' on the musical numbers. I didn't find them to be that 'muppetesk,' if you will. Unfortunately, because my source has not come from Disney itself, I do not have any script details or spoilers. BUT if something comes up I'll post again in this forum, so keep a look out!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I think Kermit basically stating it when he and Piggy were on the View is enough confirmation for me.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't know how much of this is truth. they say Bill Bereta is going to be voicing Fozzie. We have not heard anything about the script being completed, or that they have started filming. We do know that they did want to do a caper, and that Jason Segal was not going to be in the movie plus we also knew about them bringing in new Muppets. So we know some about the movie but, I do not think they will call the movie Muppets 2 because they have never done a second movie and if it was a caper it would have to kind of fit in where The Muppets left off. That and the first movie really ended and did not leave anything for a part 2. The Muppets got the Studio back, Kermit and Piggy had made up and Piggy was going to stay, plus the gang was back on top and there fans where showing there support by the droves. So I don't really see how they could do a number 2 movie. there has to be another name for the movie, and I think the reason we do not know of it yet is because the script is not complete.