Speculation: Potential Sequel for "The Muppets"

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
I don't know how much of this is truth. they say Bill Bereta is going to be voicing Fozzie. We have not heard anything about the script being completed, or that they have started filming. We do know that they did want to do a caper, and that Jason Segal was not going to be in the movie plus we also knew about them bringing in new Muppets. So we know some about the movie but, I do not think they will call the movie Muppets 2 because they have never done a second movie and if it was a caper it would have to kind of fit in where The Muppets left off. That and the first movie really ended and did not leave anything for a part 2. The Muppets got the Studio back, Kermit and Piggy had made up and Piggy was going to stay, plus the gang was back on top and there fans where showing there support by the droves. So I don't really see how they could do a number 2 movie. there has to be another name for the movie, and I think the reason we do not know of it yet is because the script is not complete.
Read it again. It says he's doing Foozie (the Moopet). But yeah, I agree that we probably shouldn't accept it all as accurate.

Actually, that teaser poster (the one with Walter's fingers) is pretty old news. And we're still not sure if the one with Kermit is actually a legit poster, or fanmade one.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Actually, I don't think we need too many cameos this time. Yeah, they helped boost the last movie's attention, but I really don't think a large amount of cameos in the next one is needed. One of the things that people complained about the 1979 Muppet movie is the fact that there seemed to be too many cameos that didn't help move the plot further. If you look at GMC and MTM, the cameos do, in some part, move the plot along.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Right I heard Frank Oz or someone talk about that and how they got a lot of slack from the studio to do that, and how they did have questions about the placement of some of the cameos. I think they had to much talent in one spot, kind of like in a VMMX they needed to spread out the apperances more. I would have loved to see some of the stars do more with the Muppets, so hopfuly we can get that in the next one.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
yeah i wanted snoop dogg to be in VMMX idk why they cut him out
Apparently it had something to do with some of the recent music videos he was doing. Either way, while it did seem like a funny scene (at least form the description Jim Lewis gave), it also seemed rather pointless. Again, it just didn't move the plot along.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
where is the scene discription at?.. oh yeah snoop doggs not the most appropriate... lol

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
where is the scene discription at?.. oh yeah snoop doggs not the most appropriate... lol
It was on Lewis' site a few years back. Not sure if it's still around. Basically, the scene took place in the backstage area, and depicted Snoop hanging out with the Electric Mayhem. He starts using his usual Snoop Dogg language "Fo-shizzle" (or however you spell it). It turns out, Kermit's an expert at this type of language. He stops by to have a little chat with Snoop Dogg in his language. Afterwards, Zoot says something to the effect of (a line that was ad-libbed by Dave Goelz), "Man, that's the first thing I've understood around here in 30 years".