Special Edition Movie DVD's coming in November

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
hey gang,

yes love love LOVE all 4 covers! The ONLY thing i can think of is if we ALL email Disney dvd (go to the bottem of there disneydvd.com homepage and click on "Questions". Hound them about the Widescreen and IF Muppets go Hollywood will be included, that what I asked em? IF any one gets any thing back post it, i will also! :wink:

unclematt

Reaction score
a_Mickey_Muppet said:
hey gang,

yes love love LOVE all 4 covers! The ONLY thing i can think of is if we ALL email Disney dvd (go to the bottem of there disneydvd.com homepage and click on "Questions". Hound them about the Widescreen and IF Muppets go Hollywood will be included, that what I asked em? IF any one gets any thing back post it, i will also! :wink:
Great Idea. I will get on that.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Why is Pepe the go-to Behind-The-Scenes character? Oz, I can sorta understand. But PLEASE, Disney, keep Pepe AWAY from the Classic material!!!!! He sucks, okay? I still don't see his appeal, and what makes the people in charge feel he needs such constant over-exposure. He should be relegated to no more than greats like Harry and Lew get. He might work better in doses. I'm really disappointed that THIS is the best they can do for a so-called "Special Edition". Where's a retrospective with Durning and Oz, Goelz, Nelson, and Whitmire, as well as Pendleton and Paul Williams. Find Jim Frawley for a commentary. PLEASE, something more than Pepe going "So, Kermin, ju've been around for fifty years, okay? Ju look pretty good for your age. What's your secret? I need some help with the womens, okay?" After such a nice presentation of the first season of TMS, despite cuts, this comes off as really disheartening.

-Squigiman

unclematt

Reaction score
I agree that Pepe is being overused but I dont think he is a bad character. He probably would be better in doses.

MWoO

Reaction score
Oliver said:
Yikes!!!

I'll thankfully be sticking with the old theatrical poster art for all these upcoming releases...
I don't hate them, but they are not the best. I do think that TMM cover is better than the current DVD cover. I can't say the same for GMC.

Stulz

Reaction score
Covers

Yeah TMM cover is at least using images of the charaters as they appeard in then movie but I thought they were going to use the original logos.

The last GMC cover was really great, this one, meh....

The thing that gets me is what makes these releases so "special" if they are only 1 disc w/ scant extras...

:confused:

I guess we'll all have to wait until more info comes in..

oh and to reply about unclemat wishing for Muppet stuff in October:

Cross your fingers for Emmet Otter. Some stores start putting out the Xmas releases then.

That Announcer

Reaction score
Stulz said:
The last GMC cover was really great, this one, meh....
I don't understand the hysteria over this new cover. I prefer it to the old one, as it adds a sense of location to the art. The old "newspaper" cover never did it for me.

The thing that gets me is what makes these releases so "special" if they are only 1 disc w/ scant extras...

:confused:
I'll give you a really bad one. "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" was recently re-released as a Special Edition. Fine, except it was the exact same disc and the exact same cover as the old release, only in a normal DVD case instead of a "snap" case!

MWoO

Reaction score
I actualy hope there are not any good extras on the GMC and TMM dvds because I odn't want to buy these again. As for the MCC dvd, anything is fine cause I do not have it and the MTI one will be wide screen so that is worth the buy.