Special Edition Movie DVD's coming in November

MrsPepper

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
This can be found on the TMS season 1 boxset

www.h-rytter.dk/50years.wmv

Wow, that's a pretty cool ad. It's kind of neat that they're taking the 50th anniversary of the muppets as Kermit's 50th, since it would be pretty much impossible to do it the other way (50 years of JHC).

Mario

Reaction score
I have TMM and GMC taped off tv. I wont get these ones, but i will get the muppet show on dvd.

Stulz

Reaction score
TMM edits...

pollick529 said:
Hey, since Disney is releasing "The Muppet Movie" on DVD, I wonder if they'll release the full uncut version like Virgin Video did back in 1986, in widescreen if possible. I wonder if they will. :confused:

What was cut from earlier and other releases?

I've seen many video incarnations of the 2 movies and I've seen slight things here and there..

The most glaring to me is the weird cut in the last few releases during "Can you Picture That?"

Also, I love the shot from the 1st video release where you can see all the puppeteers heads after "can You Picture That?"

Hope they can include it as a bonus in the new SE somehow..

:big_grin:

unclematt

Reaction score
You guys always find cool stuff. Thank you for the information again.

anathema

Reaction score
Stulz said:
What was cut from earlier and other releases?
Nothing. There are two versions of the movie, that's all. See my posts earlier in this thread for details :smile:

I've seen many video incarnations of the 2 movies and I've seen slight things here and there..

The most glaring to me is the weird cut in the last few releases during "Can you Picture That?"
Cut?

[quote[Also, I love the shot from the 1st video release where you can see all the puppeteers heads after "can You Picture That?"

Hope they can include it as a bonus in the new SE somehow..

:big_grin:[/QUOTE]
That was never intended to be seen! :-P The film was shot open-matte, so all kinds of things made it onto the negs which would not have been seen in cinemas. Because the early home video releases tended to be 4:3, some of this stuff was left visible...puppetteers, film equipment, wires, marionette rigs...

Movies205

Reaction score
I better sell my copy of a Muppet Movie, Muppets take Manhatten, and Widescreen version of Muppet Christmas carol quick! Then again perhaps I should hold on to the muppet movie for the screen test....

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Movies205 said:
I better sell my copy of a Muppet Movie, Muppets take Manhatten, and Widescreen version of Muppet Christmas carol....
I would hold onto your copy of "The Muppet Take Manhattan". Disney is not re-releasing at film. I also would not sell any yet (there is still a chance, though be it a small one, that the re-releases will not have the same bonus features and might be fullscreen) I would wait until the full announcement of features and specs before unloading anything. But you should hang on to "The Muppet Take Manhattan" for sure (untill Disney and Sony get their acts together and strike a deal).

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Thanks King Prawn, nice covers! I sure hope the movies are widescreen, not like the last Treasure Island release. **crosses fingers**