snoop no more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by Zack the Dog
i also think there there will most likey be another EM sceen in the show so we will here janice if they have replaced her voice.
*sigh*

I just wish it coulda been me...my heart and vocal chords would sooooooooooooo be into it...

:frown:

beaker

Reaction score
>>> (I'm talking about average people, of course, not the wonderfully obssessive group of people here that I'm proud to be a part of.) <<<

Here here!

>>>I'm painting in broad strokes here, folks. I know that isn't a 100% accurate picture of things. And I'm not down on anyone who likes those looks. As a child of the 80's, I just felt the need to defend my beloved decade. Thanks for your comments, Cory!

Hey Tom, ya dont have to defend the 80's with me, as I wish I could take a time machine back to the 80's! I grew up in that magical glorious time(before the 1990's rolled around and crushed the magic and splendor) and agree...the 80's fashion looks the least embarassing compared to the horrificly baaaaab 70's. How virtually every girl wearing bell bottoms came back into fashion is beyond me.

I just wish theyd put 'That 80's Show' back on tv!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Originally posted by Crazy Harry
Quiet, they might hear you.
Hehehehehehe...something tells me the "That 80's Show" head people don't rock out with the Muppets, so its probably safe to have that posted.

I also wish I could go back to the 80's. Me, my VCR, and 10,000 blank videos, would have the time of our lives. :big_grin:

-Matt

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Hehehehehehe...something tells me the "That 80's Show" head people don't rock out with the Muppets, so its probably safe to have that posted.

I also wish I could go back to the 80's. Me, my VCR, and 10,000 blank videos, would have the time of our lives.<<<

The big problem I had with that 80's show is 1) Its a spinoff idea of that 70's show 2) Doesnt have the chemistry 70's show has 3) takes place in 1984, years before the 80's really had a flavor to develop.

It should have taken place in the glorious year of 1989.
And Cantus, we dont have to go back to the 80's to recapture that magical time. With you and everyones help, we can bring about the feel and specialness of that decade starting next year.

Not just some 'sporatic momentary 80's nostalgic trip' like this heman/thundercats/gi joe hokum...but a true revival of the seehr intensity and wonderment.

And people are starting to get the message. After more thna half a decade of crappy 3d games, companies are starting to go back to an updated idea on the 2d side scroller(ie: contra Shattered Soldier out soon for PS2) Fox next year will have a new TMNT show and Muppets Show.

There's even word of a possible new Muppet comic, a 20th annv of Fraggle Rock celebration, and other miraculously cool stuff.

So indeed, hopefully the rad times will be back.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker

The big problem I had with that 80's show is 1) Its a spinoff idea of that 70's show 2) Doesnt have the chemistry 70's show has 3) takes place in 1984, years before the 80's really had a flavor to develop.
I just didn't like it, and I don't think it was that good. Plus there was no Kelso and Fez. I mean come on!!!!!

Though I like the 80's some what, there are things I can't abide that are coming back, greed, bad economy, Bush in the white house, Care bears...ugh!!! But in turn, we have the classic games of the 80-'s, like Donkey Kong, DK Junior, and Mario Brothers (orignial) making combacks on this /clever little card reading device called an E-reader for GBA. I know, but this is the best I could come up with at 9:46, during a break in my class!

Chilly Down

Reaction score
<<So indeed, hopefully the rad times will be back.>>

I'm all for that, Cory! :smile: I loved just about everything from the 1980s. Politically I'm pretty conservative, so the Reagan/Bush years were good ones in my mind. I also think that, while video games look and sound better than ever, they're just not as much FUN as they used to be back then. Some great movies came out in the 80s, from Empire and Jedi to the Indiana Jones trilogy to Back to the Future to The Goonies...I could go on and on. (And that's not even counting Muppet stuff.) The music from that period was fabulous too.

I agree that '89 was a cool year, but there'd be no way they'd be able to have a long-running series set in the '80s if they set it in the final year of that decade! The main problem with "That 80's Show," I think, is that it wasn't just a continuation of the other show. Think about it: "That 70's Show" started in the mid-1970s. They've been on the air for five years now, enough to get into syndicated reruns. Why not just have the final episode of "That 70's Show" be a New Year's party set in 1979, and then next week would be the first episode of "That 80's Show" with the same characters? That's what I thought was going to happen when "80s Show" was first announced, and that's what seemed to make the most sense. Instead they gave us a bunch of new characters that no one cared about, and "70's Show" seems like it's implausibly going to stay in the 70's forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.