"Sleeping Beauty" to awaken soon!

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
LOL!!

I hate to disappoint ya Quinnie muh boy, but I'm gonna act "normal". I've met my favorite singer 6 times, so I've got the whole "act cool around celebs" thing down pretty dang well. Don't worry. :cool:
WOW, Byron!!!!! THat's pretty impressive! I take it that's Lorrie Morgan? You two must be old buddies by now! And I thought it was a big deal for me getting to meet Art Garfunkel once! :flirt: (Well, it was... and I managed to come off as a pretty coherent human being, if not terribly talkative. I'm never too good at sustaining conversations, and I didn't want to wear out my welcome.) Of course, you and Mary won't exactly be strangers when you meet, either. I would imagine there would be a certain level of ease and comfort between you after several phone conversations over the past year and a half.
Erin

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Don'tLiveonMoon said:
WOW, Byron!!!!! THat's pretty impressive! I take it that's Lorrie Morgan? You two must be old buddies by now! And I thought it was a big deal for me getting to meet Art Garfunkel once! :flirt: (Well, it was... and I managed to come off as a pretty coherent human being, if not terribly talkative. I'm never too good at sustaining conversations, and I didn't want to wear out my welcome.) Of course, you and Mary won't exactly be strangers when you meet, either. I would imagine there would be a certain level of ease and comfort between you after several phone conversations over the past year and a half.
Erin
Wow Erin, you met Art Garfunkel---cool! :smile: Emmy's gonna love 'at! lol

Yep, you're right, it's Lorrie Morgan. I had a Lorrie-related thread here last summer---when I sang a Lorrie parody at Nashville's Fan Fair (Lorrie's fan club party)...

Me singin' fer Lorrie

And yeah, about Mary (or "Ms. Costa" as I call her on the phone---"Mary" just don't sound right from li'l ol' me, lol), after so many phone calls over so many months, I feel so comfortable wif her. It's really a unique special friendship, and she comments on that---bless her sweet southern Disney heart! :flirt: The fact that she appreciates me (and tells me so) just shows what a humble, down-to-earth, "people person" she really is. I'm like, "Hey, you're the Disney legend here---I get a kick and honor outta talkin' to you!", lol. But she hasn't let any film or opera status mar her one bit. She is literally one of the kindest human beings I have ever been in contact with.

If only everyone would take a leaf from her book, the world would be a much sunnier place. *sigh* :smile:

Unless you live near the equator, and then I guess it's sunny enough there.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Wow Erin, you met Art Garfunkel---cool! :smile: Emmy's gonna love 'at! lol
Yes, meeting Art Garfunkel was extremely groovy! I thought of Emmy immediately when I heard that he and Paul Simon were reuniting for a tour!

Yep, you're right, it's Lorrie Morgan. I had a Lorrie-related thread here last summer---when I sang a Lorrie parody at Nashville's Fan Fair (Lorrie's fan club party)...

Me singin' fer Lorrie
Very, very cool. I remember reading this thread back when I was still an MC lurker. It's so cool that she gives her fans such an opportunity for interaction with her and with one another. And it must have been ****so awesome**** for you getting to sing the song you wrote in front of her!

And yeah, about Mary (or "Ms. Costa" as I call her on the phone---"Mary" just don't sound right from li'l ol' me, lol), after so many phone calls over so many months, I feel so comfortable wif her. It's really a unique special friendship, and she comments on that---bless her sweet southern Disney heart! :flirt: The fact that she appreciates me (and tells me so) just shows what a humble, down-to-earth, "people person" she really is. I'm like, "Hey, you're the Disney legend here---I get a kick and honor outta talkin' to you!", lol. But she hasn't let any film or opera status mar her one bit. She is literally one of the kindest human beings I have ever been in contact with.
I know what you mean about calling her by her last name; it was all "Mr. Garfunkel" to me, though I've gone from referring to him as "Mr. Garfunkel" to "Art" on his message board (especially when his brother started posting; gets a bit confusing with two Mr. Garfunkels!). She sounds like such a nice person. I'm so happy for you that you've gotten the chance to cultivate this incredible relationship with her.

If only everyone would take a leaf from her book, the world would be a much sunnier place. *sigh* :smile:

Unless you live near the equator, and then I guess it's sunny enough there.
LOL! I think that's a little *too* warm for my tastes! :wink: But it sounds like she is a person well worth emulating! :smile:
Erin