"Sleeping Beauty" to awaken soon!

Miss_Beaker

Reaction score
Hey, it could be $6! Stranger things have happened - take the Spice Girls for example!
And thanks for the welcome! :smile:

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
And yup, it was released in 1959...January 29th, to be exact. And it was in production for nearly 10 years, at a cost of $6!! :eek:

But it was, like, rully worth it!! :flirt:

:big_grin:
$6??? :confused:
Erin

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
Make that 6 MILLION dollars---the most expensive animated film ever produced up to that point!
Now that makes sense! :wink:
Erin

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
They have probably made more money than $6M in film releases aswell as video and dvd releases and merchandise over the years. :smile:

Jennifer12

Reaction score
Okay, I'll admit...

I am not a fan of Disnsey animation in any way, shape or form, but I do like Sleeping Beauty. Not only is Maleficient the best villian, but Sleeping Beauty has the best prince! He dances AND slays dragons! And if I remember correctly, he doesn't talk....adding to the appeal...

Jennifer

Gonzo

Reaction score
SB's my favorite as well--best backgrounds, most "artistic" but accessible of the Disney flicks--doesn't get mired down in cutesiness or irrelevant characters...and Aurora herself is H-O-T-T HOT. And that Maleficent ain't half bad either. Well, technically, she's completely bad, but she's still got those horns. And that's hot.

And Prince Philip was the first of the "Prince Charmings" with any sort of personality--plus he had a cape. That's nice.

:big_grin:

Gonzo

Reaction score
BTW Byron,

I did just read a review that said Mary Costa's portion of the commentary was "delightful"...

:flirt: :flirt: :flirt:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Jennifer12 said:
I am not a fan of Disnsey animation in any way, shape or form, but I do like Sleeping Beauty. Not only is Maleficient the best villian, but Sleeping Beauty has the best prince! He dances AND slays dragons! And if I remember correctly, he doesn't talk....adding to the appeal...

Jennifer
Well Jennifer (welcome!), initially I didn't like you cause you said you didn't like Disney animation "in any way", but then you admit you like SB, and the reasons why---so then I decided to like ya. lol :wink: :stick_out_tongue:

And he does talk (voiced by Bill Shirley), but after the scene where he rides back to the castle and talks to his dad for a minute, then he's silent for the rest of the film (likewise with Aurora, after the fairies leave her alone in her room in the castle and she does some muffled cries).

Hope ya get the DVDs! :smile: