1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"Sid the Science Kid: The Movie" in the works!

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by Cindy, Mar 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. Cindy Moderator

Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  2. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

Very happy to hear this. I hope this really does happen
    Fraggline likes this.
  3. Cindy Moderator

Me too. This would be a great thing for Henson. I feel like they've done a really good job with Sid. I'm still not used to the idea that the Jim Henson Company doesn't equal the Muppets, but all these other projects (Sid, Dinosaur Train, Pajanimals) are really top notch children's entertainment. I think a Sid movie would do well.
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  4. Phillip Administrator

A successful "Sid the Science Kid" movie might also generate enough revenue to pave the way for the Fraggle Rock film that's been in development since 2005.
    Muppet fan 123 and Cindy like this.
  5. Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Certainly unexpected. But what would be even more unexpected is if it actually happens.
    Lola p and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  6. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Somehow I see this being direct to DVD or a Kidtoon cinema deal, not a big actual theatrical movie. And even if it was, I don't think it would tend to be in theaters all that long. Sounds very low budget, and I'm wondering if they're using any digital puppetry in this one. Otherwise, it looks like they're just using the same animation studio as Dino Train.

Sounds good though, I'd see it.
  7. beaker Well-Known Member

Against the track record JHC has for announcing big things (series and movie wise) that never get turned into reality, this doesn't seem like one of those projects. I forsee it as being a Fall or Xmas period Target/Walmart/TRU endcap dvd release.

I'm surprised (in a good way) Pajanimals is being turned into a full fledged series, as I feel it's import for JHC to always have at least one television puppet show or project.
    But yeah...Doozers the series, FR movie, DC2: POTC, HTM, etc...
  8. Teheheman Well-Known Member

I think this could be more of a Made for DVD movie release, but then again, who knows? It COULD be a kid movie that probably won't be out as long but still get kids in the theaters. It won't be a blockbuster, I don't see it pulling 'Lorax' type numbers, unless they wanna put it in 3D or something, but I see it pulling a decent amount for a rated-G type movie.

Daniel
  9. Collgoff Well-Known Member

I can not believe it! There's going to be a Sid the Science Kid movie and I only found that out this moring.
  10. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Movies based on current cartoons are a crapshoot. They got very lucky with South Park, Beavis and Butt-Head, The Simpsons, Spongebob, and Rugrats (the first 2, anyway)... but PPG, Hey Arnold, and a bunch of others are completely forgotten. And the kicker is, most of the movies listed ARE adult cartoons that do more with a movie rating than a television one. Simpsons got away with Homer flipping off... the R rating took the leash off of South Park.

Still... those cartoons mentioned were popular at the time, even the ones that flopped. Dinosaur Train is a moderate success. I'm surprised they're not looking into that. Sid's slightly popular... but even the most popular Pre-school based movies don't do well. Even FTB didn't pull in a major haul, but became a perennial favorite on home video.

I don't see this happening unless it's DTV. It will be released theatrically, sure... but Kidtoons Cinema theatrically.
  11. matleo Active Member

12. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Knew it was DTV. That's completely less than impressive, yet completely expected.
  13. Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I thought they said it'll be a 3D theatrical movie...:confused:
    But at least it happened, I wasn't even expecting it to actually get done.

Christopher Llyod's character looks like his character, Doc Brown from Back to the Future. :laugh:
  14. Drtooth Well-Known Member

I'm wondering if that Oogie Boogie crap failing was a reason for this going directly to DVD.

That or Henson once again couldn't find a competent business partner.
  15. Rugratskid Active Member

I was never a huge fan of Sid, but it's kinda nice to watch. A Doozers TV Show? How long has this been in production for?
  16. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Only a few years... and it's only going to be available in Europe.

At least its something.

I honestly see no problem with Disney's ownership of the Muppets when the only movie Henson got off the ground gets a DTV release.
  17. Bliffenstimmers Active Member

I think word first spread on the internet of the project in the mid 2000's. Muppet Central had an article on it somewhere.
  18. Drtooth Well-Known Member

Actually, it was 2009 with the intent to get it on the air Fall of 2010. Either the show ran into production problems or no one was willing to buy the series, and it just sat their until recently.
  19. Rugratskid Active Member

Will it be on Television in New Jersey?
  20. Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan, but I may catch it if comes on T.V. Does anybody else like the uninteionally funny moments?
    Gabriella-The doctor's breathing.
    Sid-And she can talk!
    both-So she must be alive.
    Me-So things that can't talk aren't alive now?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.