"Sid the Science Kid: The Movie" in the works!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Same here. I won't PAY to buy but, but it's on TV I will try to catch it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Considering NCircle is releasing this, it'll probably be somewhere around 5 or 6 bucks. Not too much to pay for it.

Rugratskid

Reaction score
Yeah, I buy NCircle DVDs all the time. They usually 5 bucks no matte where you go.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Well, this is... interesting. I honestly can't imagine this feeling like anything more than an extended Sid the Science Kid TV episode. Although, I must say, I'm not very surprised that plans to release this in theaters fell through. Preschool movies rarely do well. If Winnie the Pooh couldn't even bring in huge audiences, I couldn't see Sid doing much better.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Disney did so much damage to the Pooh license with all their preschool related Pooh merchandising and media, they have only themselves to blame for the movie flopping. Of course, the movie was incredibly short.

Sid has a following, but it clearly wasn't popular enough to hold up a theatrical audience. Not even a Kidtoons Cinema (as far as my knowledge). But the real insult is that a major studio didn't even release this on DVD. It was bargain DVD company NCircle. Ouch.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Wait a minute... Christopher Lyod is in this?!

Well, it's better than Oogieloves. Well... anything is better than Oogieloves...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I feel bad for Christopher Lloyd. They really need a new vehicle for him.

I honestly don't know what was a more embarrassing project. Oogieloves or Stacked.

TheWoodringman

Reaction score
I never was a huge fan of Sid, let alone "Dinosaur Train" However, it's going to be on TV, I keep seeing these previews for it on PBS.
I may try to catch it, but only because it has Christopher Lloyd in it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Wow... it's on at 6:30 AM in my area.

That's...that's just sad.

tutter_fan

Reaction score
I have a question that's slightly off topic: Does Christopher Lloyd play the voice of "Hacker" on Cyberchase? The reason why I ask is that every time I see the show, Hacker's voice reminds me of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.