Sesame Street Friday closing credits

ssetta

Reaction score
Yes, 1845 ends at night. Dr. Nobel Price is doing an experiment to see if his teddy bear will fall to the ground every time he drops it. Of course it does, and he gets so tired, he falls asleep.

ssetta

Reaction score
Yes. I knew Hoots said something like that, but it's been awhile since I've seen that episode, so I don't remember it all that well.

gutchman

Reaction score
sesame street episode 3010

ssetta, I just looked at Sesame Street episode 3010 on muppet wiki and was surprised to see the SESAME STREET sign and the CHILDREN'S TELEVISION WORKSHOP logo on the screen on the last picture. Did that episode not have the closing credits at the end? I thought it would since it was a Friday episode.

ssetta

Reaction score
Yes, actually, it did. It was the first episode to feature the animated closing credits. And interestingly enough, it did NOT have the sound effects. That MAY have also been true with 3015 and 3020, I can't recall. As for the sign appearing on screen, I'm not sure what's with that. I remember being surprised at the time.

gutchman

Reaction score
ssetta, which version of the closing theme did Sesame Street episode 2405 have?

ssetta

Reaction score
It had the regular Barkley and the Kids closing.

gutchman

Reaction score
reply to ssetta's 2405 answer

Okay it had the Barkley/kids closing. But with which music, the harmonica or xylophone?

ssetta

Reaction score
It had the harmonica music, just like normal.

gutchman

Reaction score
reply to ssetta's 2405 answer again

that's a surprise ssetta, that it had the Barkley/Kids credits, because that episode is from the late 80's and by that time, usually Friday episodes that ended at night always had the credits scrolling over New York at night, like episode 2615 did.

I realize that episodes that ended at night usually had the xylophone music only if someone is shown sleeping, but someones there are exceptions to that rule too, like episodes 2622 (which can be found on youtube) and 3008. Like, in 2622 Gina takes Barkley home at the end, and Gordon stays with the turtle as the sponsors are announced over the xylophone music even though they are not sleeping.

I just saw pics of episode 2571 on the muppet wiki site. And for the closing street scene, Hoots and his band are playing The Grouch Blues near Oscar's can. When they finish the song and leave, the sponsors are announced. So for this episode, which music was played during the sponsors? Because maybe it had special music instead.